After whippet pup for my mates lad

After a whippet pup for my mates lad promised I’d buy my mates lad his first dog he only 6 his dad got a springer what does what it’s breed for and his dad said if you’re going to get him a dog i fancy a whippet don’t want to pay over the odds like so if anybody can help be much appreciated 

18 minutes ago, shaaark said:

£400 is a good price for whippets these days. Last 5+ years they been going for anywhere from £400- £800

that's been the going price as you say last 5+years. it all comes down to if you really want something you will pay it. personally I would pay it and distance would be no problem. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, fred90 said:

that's been the going price as you say last 5+years. it all comes down to if you really want something you will pay it. personally I would pay it and distance would be no problem. 

Why are they that much tho 

14 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Why are they that much tho 

Suppose it's a bit like anything these days blacky. The more popular things become, the price goes up, til everyone starts thinking 'f**k that, aint paying that price'. Then after a while prices start coming down. 

Not always mind. I still remember when I was a kid, people couldn't get rid of crossbred dogs for a fiver. Now you got all these muppets selling these 'designer' mongrels for anywhere from £800 - £1200 ?. World's gone f****n mad

5 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Suppose it's a bit like anything these days blacky. The more popular things become, the price goes up, til everyone starts thinking 'f**k that, aint paying that price'. Then after a while prices start coming down. 

Not always mind. I still remember when I was a kid, people couldn't get rid of crossbred dogs for a fiver. Now you got all these muppets selling these 'designer' mongrels for anywhere from £800 - £1200 ?. World's gone f****n mad

Your right furg 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, shaaark said:

bang on there. remember when you could pick Jack Russell's up in the pub for a tenner. cockerpoo, labradoodle would be called mongrels and given away 

• Like 2