Bass fishing Dorset

I’m down in Dorset for the week, I’ve never fished  from the shore in Dorset before, I fancy an early morning tide spinning for  Bass . We are staying not far from Crossways . Where would be a good place to go nearby? Any advice much appreciated. ATB

Durdle door and lulworth cove area's if your spinning,both rocky marks as such and a nice place for the misses and kids to lounge around on the beaches while your fishing..There the only places iv'e fished up that end of the county...

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Windspit , Weymouth area . They catch them off chesil to west Bay Area ? Oh  an thanks for bringing the rain with you ? if it clears don’t forget about the place I said for the kids minnow bashing ?

Cheers Redneck , I don’t let a bit of rain spoil my fun ...... you made of sugar or something??

West Bexington could worth a try and Cogdon (if you can drive down there now).  As you said early mornings and again after the sun gone down till dark in the evening, good chance of some Mackerel as well so you might want to take a BBQ with you, sausages and finger roll as back up for the kids Lol. Have a good time.

If you down in July Cogdon throws up Dover Sole at night on worm.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Arry said:

West Bexington could worth a try and Cogdon (if you can drive down there now).  As you said early mornings and again after the son gone down till dark in the evening, good chance of some Mackerel as well so you might want to take a BBQ with you, sausages and finger roll as back up for the kids Lol. Have a good time.

If you down in July Cogdon throws up Dover Sole at night on worm.

Cheers Arry

Few mackerel been caught and school bass.

• Thanks 1

Well , i tried Lulworth cove and had nothing so I went in to a tackle shop in Dorchester and asked where I should go . The Ferry bridge in Weymouth was mentioned. So I had two evenings with the tide coming in . I was right under the bridge , which I was told was the place to be ....... not a nock , not even a mackerel. I wasn’t on my own , no one was catching. Fish fingers for tea tonight.... thank goodness for captain Birdseye. 

• Haha 1