First fox of 08

fishingbowood419sp9.jpg

Went out with josh off the site for a good walk around one of my permissions with the lamp.Walked the opposite way to that which i do normally .Saw plenty of deer but not a sign of a fox ,until that is ,we got to the pylon field .Josh spots a pair of eyes just the other side of the pylon itself and i squeaked .It mearly looked up from what it was doing and carried on .We were about 200 yards so i decided to get closer .Charlie had other ideas and picked up what he was eating and stroled along the hedge ,right handed .We were now a bit closer so down in the prone position. A loud squeak stopped the fox long enough to get the cross hairs on it and on pulling the trigger i heard the familiar knock of a head shot .Paced the shot at 152 paces .Carried on back to the farm without seeing any more .We were near the farm when a lamp came on behind us :blink: .We have had a run in with a neighbour here before that is anti i believe :thumbdown: .Didnt want a coflict so went on our way .

fishingbowood419sp9.jpg

Went out with josh off the site for a good walk around one of my permissions with the lamp.Walked the opposite way to that which i do normally .Saw plenty of deer but not a sign of a fox ,until that is ,we got to the pylon field .Josh spots a pair of eyes just the other side of the pylon itself and i squeaked .It mearly looked up from what it was doing and carried on .We were about 200 yards so i decided to get closer .Charlie had other ideas and picked up what he was eating and stroled along the hedge ,right handed .We were now a bit closer so down in the prone position. A loud squeak stopped the fox long enough to get the cross hairs on it and on pulling the trigger i heard the familiar knock of a head shot .Paced the shot at 152 paces .Carried on back to the farm without seeing any more .We were near the farm when a lamp came on behind us :blink: .We have had a run in with a neighbour here before that is anti i believe :thumbdown: .Didnt want a coflict so went on our way .

Tidy fox, tidy shot, tidy pic. Excellent stuff.

GOT one last night myself, the night started out with some fine snow falls off and on and 20 to 30 mins into the night we bagged a vixen sitting up on a high bit of groud in this one field, with the snow falling i thought she looked majestic, till i put a 70g bullet in her neck, at 137yards, in the midst of a snow shower i have to say i'm paying the price now......As i think i'm coming down with the flu... :blink: that was the first and last we seen all night..........

count 1 vixen for 2008...........And hopefully rising soon. :thumbs: