Taking the Mick

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cull the Gardner first and then the kerb layer. There will be more time to sort the rabbit then.??

Notn, I an I is irie, seeen ?

Them sleepers was a feckin nightmare!! 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, low plains drifter said:

It's an ideal soil free draining, yet retains enough moisture to support plants, wanking material to gardeners if you like  ?

I'm no gardener I'm ground work is my bag ?? that was just a little job that the boss wanted doing. 

This is my usual sort of work putting in steals for sliding gates 

20190522_164038.jpg

1 hour ago, Saltmoon said:

I'm no gardener I'm ground work is my bag ?? that was just a little job that the boss wanted doing. 

20190522_164038.jpg

That will be nice when done. I'd imagine it's difficult line up the rail if the neighbours pier is slightly offset from the near one and probably built separate with it been    higher.

5 minutes ago, jiggy said:

That will be nice when done. I'd imagine it's difficult line up the rail if the neighbours pier is slightly offset from the near one and probably built separate with it been    higher.

Sometimes it's a pain but this one the drive way is being redone as it's shit so they will take it to my rail but the norm is it's all out of level and they moan that the rail sticks up but it has to be dead level 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Sometimes it's a pain but this one the drive way is being redone as it's shit so they will take it to my rail but the norm is it's all out of level and they moan that the rail sticks up but it has to be dead level 

Nice one but I meant more along the line of if the wall is parallel with the far pier. Would it look bad if it was opening and closing at an angle. Obviously not your fault but the bricky. If the bricky offset the other pier by 2 feet would you then just strike to the wall. I'm actually not nick picking here because sometimes online things get taken up the wrong way. I'm actually looking for your advice because I lay bricks and sometimes you build a nice straight wall an entrance but the neighbours pier ends up at a piss poor angle. Would you have to strike the far pier for strength or let's say hit the middle between 2.

In this case they own both sides but the near pillar is on a slight twist to the wall there is a smaller gate sliding behind the small wall aswell but with this id take it to the longer wall square with it and not the pillar 

12 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

In this case they own both sides but the near pillar is on a slight twist to the wall there is a smaller gate sliding behind the small wall aswell but with this id take it to the longer wall square with it and not the pillar 

Good to know for future reference. Like you say if it's supported on the rail then i suppose it doesn't matter where it lands when it closes. Interesting and I like learning. Stick up a photo of the finished job. ? Sorry that the topic has deviated from the rabbit. I'm sure he is glad. ?

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

20190522_164038.jpg

Take it slow, one seed packet is all it takes learn germination times, country of origin, growing conditions etc, next thing you know you'll be transforming your heavy clay into a loam, and weighing up the pros and cons between hardy annuals, biennials, and clump forming perennials 

You know ?