this was one of those days where what can go wrong will:wallbash:

took today off work so I could get on the newly drilled beans, I walked a good few off the field all scattered in random small groups..

it was fairly breezy so I picked a nice spot where I was hidden by a fir tree and as it worked out the birds were all dropping in the same way from round the back!

first woody dropped in and dropped to my first shot.. good start?

second swung round and tried to dodge the pattern but fell.. thought I was on a roll till I missed the next two!

it dropped off for a bit so I had a cuppa and walked back to the car and picked me ff6 up, first outing... rigged it up with a woody,

alls good looks well

510400360_a52s1BKQT0KR8KSHgmqHg.jpg.711427f58598d7f0d495bbd895bb54b4.jpg

next thing I hear a tractor rumbling up the road and its my man coming to spray the field so it was time to pack up!

grabbed all me decoys and went for the flapper, could hear a strange noise and noticed it wasn't flapping any more:hmm:

it had dropped to bits, the welds had failed... 

1090095358_9JEaUoiQU2aUiop8WXF4Q.jpg.4dd10bf7bcf6b7ca2a4c0278f17ad1d2.jpg

so I called into a mates on the way home to fix it, after half hour and a bit of swearing id got it sorted!!

4 welds instead of 2 and hopefully it won't drop to bits again!

1211454731_HErImnvQXCw4BX3LCnarA.jpg.513a55cdc53b7f06c1845b17c4e8131e.jpg

roll on Sunday...ill have another go

It's a shame when you've set up a day to shoot on a promising field and it all goes wrong.  I've had the tractors arrive to do work and had to pack up and move. Although I have sometimes carried on shooting with some success. Beans can be difficult.  I had a field that was blue with birds but when I went to shoot it there wasn't a bird in the sky. Sometimes things don'tgo according to plan like the time I got to the field unloaded the gear and found that I had left the gun back home in the kitchen. I had to load it all back up and go back to get it. About an hour lost time in total what with loading,  unloading, messing about with gates ect. But it wasn't a bad day.

Wait until you have the Enforcer Bouncer Si, the FF6 will be staying at home if the results are anything like ours although it must be said that they need a bit of wind to really work well, then watch the birds come in. I will also be interested just how many times to lift the gun thinking a woodie was dropping into the pattern, it is a wonder that mine is still in tack as I have thought so many times that it was a real bird. Don't forget the pieces of plastic or wood to keep the wing sections flat as they work much better if you do.

Phil

• Like 2

I've gone back to the simple stuff that I had years ago no batteries, wires, controllers.  Pigeons come in on crops to feed naturally they don't think about rotaries and bobers ect ect. I use a simple string operated flapper that i made myself on the Sid Seemark model.  If your in the right place that the pigeons want to fed on and you keep still the flapper will draw them and aĺ you got to do is shoot them. Ps I  made my own bobers and when there was no wind I  fixed a string to the bober and down through a hoop of willow on the ground so I  could give them a tug now and again. I also used this to control the amount of  dip and lift in windy conditions. Sometimes the thing was like a wild thing in the wind.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 2
15 minutes ago, David.evans said:

I would have given nick a ring mate that should of never have happened 

and any way you had it in the wrong place , lol 

atb mate ?

Dave 

haha..it was pulling them in till everything went tits up:doh:

loads of people have said he'd of sorted it out but I couldn't be doing with the hassle,

got these today.. no batteries or welding?

they look mint out in the field.. couple of my mates have got them

9HU3iGtVQfCq6qlLIEI65A.jpg.1c8716fb93d94d198656ded9c95e4978.jpg

• Like 2

I’ve got a couple of them, they work really well on the rape when it’s getting a bit deeper and on the stubble in the summer, I think when I go to the shooting show in a few weeks I’m going to update my pigeon gear with some enforcer’s ?

• Like 1

Pleased they arrived Si, now make some covers for the wings like I have on mine. At the Northern Shooting Show they will be on sale and I believe they are launching the crow deeks but whilst I know the pigeon work a treat, crows have fantastic eye sight and flock deeks work far better than shiny deeks so it will be interesting to see what they have. It will be handy you have the kids there Si to carry all the new gear.?

Phil

When you get the bouncer Dave, you will see the wings and tail are flat, keep them that way. I have simply got two pieces of plastic the full size to cover the wings and tail and taped it so they remain flat. It could be two pieces of 4mm ply, anything to keep them flat because that makes a huge difference to the way they 'fly' on the bouncer, trust me on this. Here you go Dave

20190403_115343_zpsbk22rrqc.jpg

20190403_115317_zpsxeezftu6.jpg

Phil