night vision

Pav is spot on with the pard, I use mine during the day without and bang the pard on and it’s just as comfortable to shoot with at night with no compromise!

The rubber things a pain so it stays folded back out of the way so I can see all the screen. 

• Like 2

On don't misunderstand Pav, I am not saying these Pard type of units are no good, to the contrary as I said I have zero experience with this type of add on system just my logic saying I would have thought there is a compromise in head position. As the saying goes, every day is a school day, always something new to learn which is why I am going to look at some other NV kit at the Northern Shooting Show.

Just seen Si's response so no doubt I will have a look at his when I go over.

Phil

52 minutes ago, philpot said:

On don't misunderstand Pav, I am not saying these Pard type of units are no good, to the contrary as I said I have zero experience with this type of add on system just my logic saying I would have thought there is a compromise in head position. As the saying goes, every day is a school day, always something new to learn which is why I am going to look at some other NV kit at the Northern Shooting Show.

Just seen Si's response so no doubt I will have a look at his when I go over.

Phil

Phil, I thought exactly the same as you regarding the head position, that was until I tried & bought a pard 007, they are fantastic! I even went out and bought the pulsar n355 after I'd bought the pard as I was impressed with the n355 at the gun show last year !

Trust me , the n355 is pure shite out in the field, worst thing I've ever bought, the pard 007 wins hand down !

• Like 2

Two things here:-  Mitch, I know it's full of Northerners, that why it's so good so don't let southern envy creep in here ??

Secondly, I am really looking forward to having a close up on these Pard systems Sean for when my eye gets sorted and may well go that route. That is a surprise about the 355 Sean because as you say we were both impressed when we looked at them at the Doncaster show last year, really surprised. 

I had my first look through a Pulsar thermal spotter the other night, I cant remember which one it was but recall it is something like a Q 38 but whatever it was amazing watching a fox work up the hedgerow, my lord do I want one. I know he said the new one is much better so god knows what that must be like. 

Phil

• Like 1
9 hours ago, villaman said:

I do envy you going to the show . We don’t have shows like that do here or any decent gun ranges  . Luckily I have a 100 yard chicken shed to shoot in ?

My envy at your chicken shed runs into a very strong shade of green.

You could give the Bentley a run up the M5/ M1 and stay overnight in Harrogate and join us at the show Mitch, you could also join Si and Jimmy in taking a wager as to which bright coloured polo shirt I will be wearing, I know there are some sad buggers around the north. ??

Phil

• Haha 2