Bull pup or standard rifle

I have an old BSA Airsporter in .22 had this for over 30 years not used much now as tend to use my rim fire 

Was thinking of getting my first PCP and was amazed at how far things have come on since I was last involved with sport well the question is standard or bull pup would be mainly used for vermin and plinking any thoughts on which would be better choice?

Thanks in advance ?

the question is standard or bull pup would be mainly used for vermin and plinking any thoughts on which would be better choice?

There is no across the board answer, but it's very simple, whatever works best for you!

:thumbs:

• Like 2

I like some bullpup rifles but I really cannot get on with cocking levers next to your ear so I avoid those. I have had a couple of FX Wildcats which are lovely to use and own an FX Impact which I love. Last year I bought the new Weihrauch HW110K carbine which is a normal rifle but shorter and much lighter, very nice to use and far cheaper than my FX guns.

Having had quite a few standard length rifles, I confess that I far prefer using shorter rifles but it is a personal choice really.

HW110k

DSCF3521_zpsfbgxlruk.jpg

Phil

• Like 4

Still propohhh all over this... Some soddin' chap on YT did a bad review mind, which has thrown me a bit but I know all rifles are good and bad to users.

Something about the muzzle finishing and it having to go back. 

Back to the OP, like you, Im in two minds whether to go the pup way in the next rifle... Though I am havin an issue finding a problem with standard sporter rifle, having used um since day one. This HW Carbine though, fixes all those concerns. It's a sporter, but super compact. 

Ill so be on the HW stand at the show to throw one around. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Rez said:

Still propohhh all over this... Some soddin' chap on YT did a bad review mind, which has thrown me a bit but I know all rifles are good and bad to users.

Something about the muzzle finishing and it having to go back. 

Back to the OP, like you, Im in two minds whether to go the pup way in the next rifle... Though I am havin an issue finding a problem with standard sporter rifle, having used um since day one. This HW Carbine though, fixes all those concerns. It's a sporter, but super compact. 

Ill so be on the HW stand at the show to throw one around. 

And you can always have a play with mine Rez.............The rifle that is ?

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, philpot said:

And you can always have a play with mine Rez.............The rifle that is ?

? 

Can you pm me your address, or a place we can meet with it? I might be able to get over one weekend coming up... 

Nice one Phil.

I will arrange something Jamie but the next couple of weekends are difficult. Just a thought, Crawford's in Scunthorpe have a 25mt range at the shop, I could leave it there for you to use on the range of you want.

Phil

16 minutes ago, philpot said:

I will arrange something Jamie but the next couple of weekends are difficult. Just a thought, Crawford's in Scunthorpe have a 25mt range at the shop, I could leave it there for you to use on the range of you want.

Phil

OK mate. You let me know whens good for you. Ill pm you my no. this arvo.

I'd go for standard rifle ,like the look bullpup rifle but just don't feel comfortable for me .

i like full size rifle ,maybe it's because I grew up shooting bsa rifle .

i did buy a sweet 16 ,22 few yrs ago for £100 .it looked brand new and good bit of kit but I couldn't get on with it ,just didn't sit right like a long rifle.

i sold it for 300 after I got it serviced ,lad who got it gave me extra 50 pounds as he been looking for one for few yrs .

im looking to get another air rifle ,maybe a Diana or a bsa .pcp but single shot .