Pest Control - price guide

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've recently started pest control - working for myself. Am just doing fur and feather at the moment - mostly mole trapping. Could you give me a rough price guide for mole trapping and other pest control. Any advice would be appreciated.

the best advice i can give a beginner is to charge for your time.........by the hour........only you get set a price on your time. work out how long you think it will take to do the job and price it on the number of hours.

don't forget travelling time to and from the job and diesel costs etc .....obviously if any chemicals are involved then add that at cost + 10%.

HOPE THIS HAS BEEN OF SOME HELP

Rolfe.

for mole trapping in an avrage sized garden i charge £90 , thats for 3-5 visits

first visit setting trapps , second visit removing moles and reseting, then probly a third vist taking maybbe more moles out. and removing traps.

of course you may need to do additional vists, i usualy work out a visit at about £30.

if its a big area more like paddocks then its more money

first visit setting trapps , second visit removing moles and reseting, then probly a third vist taking maybbe more moles out. and removing traps.

of course you may need to do additional vists, i usualy work out a visit at about £30.

I'm always amazed at what good value pest control is for the public in general......can you imagine an electrician or a plumber charging you £90 for three visits/callouts :whistling:

Martin

I'm always amazed at what good value pest control is for the public in general......can you imagine an electrician or a plumber charging you £90 for three visits/callouts :whistling:

Martin

YOUR DEAD RIGHT MATE WE SHOULD CHARGE MORE, WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT WE ARE SAVING LIVES :D JUST THINK OF ALL THE GERMS RATS AND MICE BRING IN THE HOME.

NOT TO MENTION STRUCTUAL DAMAGE CAUSED BY ALL THE PESTS . AND OF COURSE THE FIRE RISK CAUSED BE BY CHEWING THREW CABLES.

WAS ON A SQUIRREL JOB A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO , AND THE END RAFTER SUPPORTING THE TILES ON A ROOF WAS CHEWED THROUGH HALF WAY. IF IT GOT ANY WORSE CAN YOU IMAGIN HOW MUCH IT WOULD OF COST A ROOFER TO GO IN AND REPLACE ONE.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

True, lads. Pest Controllers must be the most under rated, under paid Skilled Professional Tradesmen in the book. " Landscape Gardener " probably commands a better price, for shovelling wheel barrows full of soil from one place to another :no:

I have a personal, true and favoured annecdote. About a Butcher I used to know. He got mice. I offered to sort them for him for about £30. But, no; Anyone can do our job, right? He just went to B&Q and bought him some traps.

Within a few weeks, they'd gnawed his wiring to bits and the Electrician charged him £2,000 to rewire his entire house.

So, why didn't brain of britain there just pop along to B&Q and buy himself a f*cking screw driver?! :wallbash:

Hi Markgood great advise given by Rolfe & Tomo my pricing structure is on the same lines; but don;t forget the hidden little extra;s like advertising/business cards /printing /third liability insurance /new traps/bait stations it all adds up at the end of the day!! plus the price of wheat has gone up so the manufacturers of rat bait are puting there prices up so we in turn might have to increase our prices? try and get as many contracts as possible so as to help keep the cash flow going through out the year; hope that this has helped Steve

Hi D.S thats a f%cking classic !!! i remember getting a call~out to Brighton marina at 10P.M on a Sunday nite for mice gave them my bill ; bearing in mind this was for a follow~up the next sunday as well! " how much" I retorted how much do you think a plumber would cost you; thats if you could get one;they soon shut up bleeding tight wads! Steve

[/quote

red dog are you reading this mate.

as ive said all along,pull your finger out mate ??? :yes::yes::yes:

what about squirrel jobs ....do you charge per squirrel?

When you are working out prices always start with what it is costing you ,then ask why the customer wants rid of the pest ,you will be intrested in the responses you get then,work your price out ,dont rip the customer of ,but dont rip yourself of either,too many pestie work their prices out because the love their job,and half the time end up doing it for next to nothing,I know I speak from experience,LOVE IT

I've recently started pest control - working for myself. Am just doing fur and feather at the moment - mostly mole trapping. Could you give me a rough price guide for mole trapping and other pest control. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hello.Good advice,as already mentioned,if in doubt work out cost of vehicle ,traps/equipment,maintainance+replacement,adverts,consumables (ie chemicals, latex gloves),insurance(vital) as a starting point.Don't kid yourself, these add up! Price your labour at a fair rate.If after a few weeks your mate on the T**co checkout starts to envy your lifestyle you're not far wrong. When trapping locally I take a traditional approach of "No catch no fee".If a customer insists I travel a long way ,wants me to "have a go anyway"or install a trap system to monitor or prevent infestation rather than deal with a current infestation I charge for my time.. Job satisfaction is great but you need to pay bills.Sadly you won't be able to eak-out your cash by eating your catch. According to Frank Buckland the Victorian Gourmet/Naturalist moles taste disgusting! wishin you, "Straight tunnels and full traps!"