my kind of gun dogs

ftm

1 hour ago, The one said:

Nice going mate whats there breeding ?.

Don't know the breeding  mate .Just 2 hard working parents put together . The dam only ever dropped one pup in each mating  .koda (right) came 1st then 2 yrs later I was offered troy (left).koda is all brains and a bit of a wuss  whereby  troy is a very fit  honest full on grafter   that doesn't miss a trick. Koda is now 7yrs old troy is 5yrs old  

On 19/01/2019 at 19:28, ftm said:

Don't know the breeding  mate .Just 2 hard working parents put together . The dam only ever dropped one pup in each mating  .koda (right) came 1st then 2 yrs later I was offered troy (left).koda is all brains and a bit of a wuss  whereby  troy is a very fit  honest full on grafter   that doesn't miss a trick. Koda is now 7yrs old troy is 5yrs old  

My first spaniel was huge then after she died the next one i got was from Rytex is it Ian Openshaw and the breeder said there small mainly white and go like there arse is on fire , and when i saw your picture thats what i thought 

• Like 1
On 19/01/2019 at 16:33, ftm said:

Troy and koda   work well alongside me and Craig    .cloud cover was perfect for roost shooting  and then thermal for the rabbits.nothing  is lost with these two on the job

20190119_112355.jpg

Are they ok with being kept in check whilst you shoot? Only asking as everything I've read about or heard about spaniels, say they're a bit too busy to be good air rifle shooting dogs. Or is it probably down to proper training? Never had much to do with spaniels ?

Not as steady as I would like  shark . But if I'm really firm   from the start of a hunting trip they behave .troy is a bit too keen lol .but on a beating day they are spot on  in every way 

• Like 1