Sign in to follow this  

profiled and first grind , ,now ready for heat treatement , 2 skinners and 2 deerstalkers field knives      , from german  bohler n690   stainless

DSC_0001.JPG

19 minutes ago, riohog said:

profiled and first grind , ,now ready for heat treatement , 2 skinners and 2 deerstalkers field knives      , from german  bohler n690   stainless

DSC_0001.JPG

Nice profiles their riohog how do you find the stainless to work with compared to carbon and what scales you got in mind mate.

8 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Nice profiles their riohog how do you find the stainless to work with compared to carbon and what scales you got in mind mate.

no bother atall  👍scales will be g10    non pourous  easy to wash 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riohog said:

no bother atall  👍scales will be g10    non pourous  easy to wash 

Do you heat treat yourself or send out, I just curious have had a couple of goes with 1080 but ended up annealing it rather than hardening it, don't think I got it hot enough ?

Would be interested to see a picture or two when you get them finished.

1 hour ago, Chaff said:

Do you heat treat yourself or send out, I just curious have had a couple of goes with 1080 but ended up annealing it rather than hardening it, don't think I got it hot enough ?

Would be interested to see a picture or two when you get them finished.

stainless i send back to sheffield  cyro and heat treat     carbon steel no problem i can and have done many  at home  but i havnt made carbon steel knives  for a fair time now

• Thanks 1

On 13/01/2019 at 23:18, riohog said:

stainless i send back to sheffield  cyro and heat treat     carbon steel no problem i can and have done many  at home  but i havnt made carbon steel knives  for a fair time now

Theres a telly programme christ the name escapes me , Is it jason makes knifes etc in his barm and shows how to temper them  i didnt know there was so much to it 

1 hour ago, The one said:

Theres a telly programme christ the name escapes me , Is it jason makes knifes etc in his barm and shows how to temper them  i didnt know there was so much to it 

stainless is abit different from carbon steel ...