Foxpack 2

Keeping bushers fit

Getting dark early now so after work through week easiest way to keep them fit on local rabbits , let dogs hunt them ont lamp 😂😂😂FF335792-CD3C-4520-BF73-44F406C27402.jpeg.96cb8a2252e79a4eee22fc1644ce979e.jpeg

4DD8F014-6EBF-4E27-B9C4-FE8C578F7B63.jpeg

DD830102-21E0-4871-A5CA-81EE24DAEF75.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

I used to lamp for the laugh when I had a couple of Lucas terriers,the first night we caught 3 rabbits out of 5 runs it was begginers luck,they were most successful at catching them in the hedges while the lamp was still on the rabbits,dogs loved it I think I might give it another go.

• Like 4

It’s good fun , keeps them active and not bored , I had them on a long ears other night that was a stretch out for them 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

years ago I  lamped with a pack of russells used to pick up loads of  sitters I was just mad for getting out ..😁

• Like 4

Gets them using there noses nothing to see  so nose down & then give us a holler atb Flacko 

• Like 1

lamping terriers is hell of a craic👍ratting the tip at night....rubbish is moving with em...got to see it to believe it.IMG-20161227-WA0001.jpg.2bcc0840a0e61ab0b858d341b479df9a.jpg

• Like 10

You’re braver man than me mate hateratting at night , used to do a few chicken sheds when was youth walk in put lights on like a moving scabby floor used th shit me self but went every couple weeks just to show face for the digging they gave us 👍atb Flacko 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Foxpack 2 said:

It’s good fun , keeps them active and not bored , I had them on a long ears other night that was a stretch out for them 😂 

Mine likes a lung opener or two on them aswell  😂

IMG_20170805_193355548_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

My youngest boy loves the ratting in lamp ,doesn't mind them scarpering about round his feet ....its each to there own ,so people can keep Busher's active after work on shit nights ,some super dog men frown apon it ,but keeps them ticking over and does them no harm,I check mole traps ,fenn traps ,plus mink traps at night also with lamp n Busher's while my young boy is 2 fields away chasing rabbits .kill ,,2 birds with one stone .as I say not everyone will be keen on it but dark when I get in from work ,so either that or walking about on a lead ,😀 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Foxpack 2 said:

My youngest boy loves the ratting in lamp ,doesn't mind them scarpering about round his feet ....its each to there own ,so people can keep Busher's active after work on shit nights ,some super dog men frown apon it ,but keeps them ticking over and does them no harm,I check mole traps ,fenn traps ,plus mink traps at night also with lamp n Busher's while my young boy is 2 fields away chasing rabbits .kill ,,2 birds with one stone .as I say not everyone will be keen on it but dark when I get in from work ,so either that or walking about on a lead ,😀 

Time well spent I would say,take no notice of the super dog men lol,will your dogs mark mole hills? I had a terrier that would mark the most recently used hills,I used to set trap a yard back from mole hill she marked,it was an affective method.

• Like 3

Just now, Str said:

Time well spent I would say,take no notice of the super dog men lol,will your dogs mark mole hills? I had a terrier that would mark the most recently used hills,I used to set trap a yard back from mole hill she marked,it was an affective method.

Pup will dig at a mole trap that's got one in,

• Like 1

Just to clear the air I don't run a full pack at night chasing long ears ,I check mole traps in dark and sometimes a hare lifts and my 2 dogs are away for a stretch out ,plus our pack which is 7 strong are all owned by lads who come ,I'm only the pack leader on Sundays, well that's cleared up 😁

On 13/12/2018 at 07:55, Str said:

I used to lamp for the laugh when I had a couple of Lucas terriers,the first night we caught 3 rabbits out of 5 runs it was begginers luck,they were most successful at catching them in the hedges while the lamp was still on the rabbits,dogs loved it I think I might give it another go.

Ye still got Lucas terriers pal?