Why can't we do this?

Because the Goverment said no, im afraid .As a reaction to Dunblane they banned legal ownership to calm the populous ,but it doesnt stop the crimms and scum taking each other out with their illegal and Unlicensed weapons .

There in lies the problem no politician would raise his head over the parapet and say let,s allow legal handgun ownership again,because the mothers of the victims of gun crime would hang them by the dangleberries .But the guns being used are already banned ,that,s the problem due to their loss of loved 1,s they want all guns banned so i,m afraid handgun ownership here is consigned to history.

It is a shame ,i miss my 9mm Browning H.P ,but the Goverment kindly sold all our handguns on to African police forces and we aren,t getting them back 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Baldcoot said:

Because the Goverment said no, im afraid .As a reaction to Dunblane they banned legal ownership to calm the populous ,but it doesnt stop the crimms and scum taking each other out with their illegal and Unlicensed weapons .

There in lies the problem no politician would raise his head over the parapet and say let,s allow legal handgun ownership again,because the mothers of the victims of gun crime would hang them by the dangleberries .But the guns being used are already banned ,that,s the problem due to their loss of loved 1,s they want all guns banned so i,m afraid handgun ownership here is consigned to history.

It is a shame ,i miss my 9mm Browning H.P ,but the Goverment kindly sold all our handguns on to African police forces and we aren,t getting them back 

Dunblane files has a 100 year ban on their release which in a civil matter is illegal.

I remember when it happened and early indications I remember implied the police tried to shoot Hamilton through the glass of the main hall, I remember before they hushed the reporting of it the windows being peppered with holes.

I often wondered how many of them kids had police bullet wounds!

Hamilton should not of had a license, he was turned down a few times, threatened a wpc too. Over 60 memos were sent the chief constable to revoke his license.

Hamilton got his license by being a friend of a friend in the same masonic lodge as the chief constable!

Dunblane was the police licensing departments fault from the beginning.

Shotguns in the UK have killed more so why have they not been banned?

Stupid country run by stupid  spineless people that in their stupidly like to jump up and down on the heads of ordinary people in frenzied witch hunts!

I wish to hunt with a handgun thank you very much as I can still drive a car, a car, of which has robbed many a mother of her baby.... more so than any handgun ever owned legally in Britain!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Underdog said:

Stupid country run by stupid  spineless people that in their stupidly like to jump up and down on the heads of ordinary people in frenzied witch hunts!

I wish to hunt with a handgun thank you very much as I can still drive a car, a car, of which has robbed many a mother of her baby.... more so than any handgun ever owned legally in Britain!

If the people who make these laws didn't drive cars themselves, they would have banned them by now. Banning handguns doesn't affect their self-centred lives one bit and makes it look like they are doing something.

1 hour ago, walshie said:

If the people who make these laws didn't drive cars themselves, they would have banned them by now. Banning handguns doesn't affect their self-centred lives one bit and makes it look like they are doing something.

Sure, in short, hypocrites!

• Thanks 1

Soundbite Politicians ,can pat themselves on the back and say the did something.No you didnt ,kids still kill kids so they can sell drugs on 1 street corner or another and people will sell them illegal guns as they want money and dont care who suffers .Similar morals to politicians illegal  drug/gun dealers .

Stopping the law abiding and vetted from owning and using handguns safely has not curbed gun crime 1 iota and never will.We suffer so the M,P,s can preen and posture but why o why dont they admit they are wrong and need to not only target the users but the suppliers as well .

Still never happen we are a "sitting target" and easy pray the gangs are more difficult and therefore best pretend theyre not there 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, walshie said:

Unfortunately we have been here many times.  Even Lord Cullen, the author of the Public Enquiry Report, said, banning handguns would serve no useful purpose, but the politicians, led by the media needed a headline and some action!

The whole incident was very sad but the kneejerk response by the politicians was lamentable!

• Like 4

Hand gun crime actually climbed after the ban for I believe around 10 years. It did then fall back a bit but more due to more effective policing than any ban from the preceding figures. Not sure what the statistics are now, but London especially and it's gangs appear to be flush with handguns, machine pistols and other banned weapons. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Alsone said:

Hand gun crime actually climbed after the ban for I believe around 10 years. It did then fall back a bit but more due to more effective policing than any ban from the preceding figures. Not sure what the statistics are now, but London especially and it's gangs appear to be flush with handguns, machine pistols and other banned weapons. 

It is a well known story that a substantial amount of handed in handguns went missing during the hand in, BY THE POLICE!!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1