Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I used a cleaning kit though my gun last night and Now I can't get a group I'm using the same pellets I always use rws super fields 

Before I cleaned it it was pellet on pellet 

If shot loads though it today first pellet got a where I aim next well of some took the scopes of put them back on np luck tries a other scope no good 

What could the problem be ?? Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post

You might have caught and dislodged the seal in the barrel if you pulled too big a piece of cleaning cloth through the barrel. Failing that, I don't know. Did you notice if you had to pull hard to get the cleaning cloth through.

Phil

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, philpot said:

You might have caught and dislodged the seal in the barrel if you pulled too big a piece of cleaning cloth through the barrel. Failing that, I don't know. Did you notice if you had to pull hard to get the cleaning cloth through.

Phil

How would I know if I did pull the seal ?

And how would I fix this please ?

Share this post


Link to post

That Daz is where we need the advice of someone more experienced than me with such issues. One of the lads will come up with sound advice.

Phil

Share this post


Link to post

You may need time to re-lead your barrel before get good groups again after cleaning it.

Share this post


Link to post

Or try a different pellet 

Have a look own the barrel 

Share this post


Link to post

I assume it was not clipping the silencer prior to cleaning it? So why would it do it now, I dont suppose by any chance you cleaned the barrel with any oil/solvent? I have absolutely no idea why people clean air rifle barrels, apart from a new gun to remove factory gunk/grease it is not necessary, and generally does more harm than good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 25/11/2018 at 17:51, charlie caller said:

I assume it was not clipping the silencer prior to cleaning it? So why would it do it now, I dont suppose by any chance you cleaned the barrel with any oil/solvent? I have absolutely no idea why people clean air rifle barrels, apart from a new gun to remove factory gunk/grease it is not necessary, and generally does more harm than good.

Me neither, I’ve been shooting airguns since I was a kid and never cleaned a barrel on any of them. Never noticed any loss of accuracy 🤔

Share this post


Link to post

The only time i clean one of my rifles barrels is when changing pellet brand, otherwise i don`t ever clean a leaded in barrel, or change pellet brand when totally happy with the pellet / rifle combination in use.

                        My friends both RFD`s agree with this, if this helps any.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 17:51, charlie caller said:

I assume it was not clipping the silencer prior to cleaning it? So why would it do it now, I dont suppose by any chance you cleaned the barrel with any oil/solvent? I have absolutely no idea why people clean air rifle barrels, apart from a new gun to remove factory gunk/grease it is not necessary, and generally does more harm than good.

Some barrels need cleaning , my old HW110.177 needed cleaning after about 2500 pellets 

Share this post


Link to post
On 28/11/2018 at 14:54, villaman said:

Some barrels need cleaning , my old HW110.177 needed cleaning after about 2500 pellets 

Fair enough mate, its not something I have ever encountered in 35 odd years of shooting air rifles, but there are exceptions to every rule.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×