Another cull buck ..

Out early this morning I was over the farm before light, managed to knock a whole cup of coffee over filling the compartments in the centre console ? ..that cleared up and with hardly a breath of wind I started my way round the chosen route , all the fields that were the normal hang outs were empty , yesterday there was upwards of 90 out . Two hours in and not a deer to be seen , cutting back through the wood I bumped a bunch of thirty , nothing I could get a shot at but at least I’d found some so pressed on into a plantation of oaks where I found a few more , again no chance of a clear shot I let them move on . Just as I was about to come out onto a ride I could make out the shape of a small buck ,he was looking straight at me from no more than seventy yards, he obviously thought I couldn’t see him , but very slowly opening the sticks and mounting the gun I had a perfect picture in the scope , the ir on the spot I squeezed . Long walk back to the truck I bumped another couple of bunches before getting there .56B0338F-AD89-406D-9722-22854D98CE5D.jpeg.36cbfd33232fc0471cc3454131825770.jpeg085DB2C1-9C41-471E-806F-889F5EBD0881.jpeg.48a4d7ba22ebcabdc1d4139ba5972335.jpeg

Poor two year old he pulled the chiller scales down to 80lb ..

• Like 7

On 15/11/2018 at 14:43, sussex said:

Out early this morning I was over the farm before light, managed to knock a whole cup of coffee over filling the compartments in the centre console ? ..that cleared up and with hardly a breath of wind I started my way round the chosen route , all the fields that were the normal hang outs were empty , yesterday there was upwards of 90 out . Two hours in and not a deer to be seen , cutting back through the wood I bumped a bunch of thirty , nothing I could get a shot at but at least I’d found some so pressed on into a plantation of oaks where I found a few more , again no chance of a clear shot I let them move on . Just as I was about to come out onto a ride I could make out the shape of a small buck ,he was looking straight at me from no more than seventy yards, he obviously thought I couldn’t see him , but very slowly opening the sticks and mounting the gun I had a perfect picture in the scope , the ir on the spot I squeezed . Long walk back to the truck I bumped another couple of bunches before getting there .56B0338F-AD89-406D-9722-22854D98CE5D.jpeg.36cbfd33232fc0471cc3454131825770.jpeg085DB2C1-9C41-471E-806F-889F5EBD0881.jpeg.48a4d7ba22ebcabdc1d4139ba5972335.jpeg

Poor two year old he pulled the chiller scales down to 80lb ..

Did you bring all the knives you own lol 

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Out of picture is a forty foot artic with full mobile butchery , with block & cleaver  chiller , hanging rails , vacuum packer and forty seven spare knives along with the full sharpening setup ..?

the knives are one for its arse , one for its head and one for the rest ..the aka is the pocket knife the others are in the gralloching roll .

• Haha 2
On 17/11/2018 at 21:06, foxdropper said:

He’s getting old and often forgets where hes left them so has to take a few spares !!

It don’t look a bad beast hanging up, another good one to take,  nice write up and I like how you arranged the tools of the trade, tree huggers be after you for stabbing the trees next ! 

• Haha 2