Lamping with lurcher and rifle vid

In This video I'm out lamping rabbits with the bunny bashers. 

We head to the same permission we were on last time but since then the farmer has taken off his sheep so the lads have more fields to go at. The weather conditions hadn't improved much since last time we went but you gotta be init to win it. 

I follow Ryan and had brought both his dogs (SKY and MOLLY)  hoping to give them both some exercise.  Sky broke her Leg a couple years ago and has had plenty of time of to heal. She has a brilliant style to her lamping, side stepping the rabbits before striking at them. Molly also made some great catches.

Thomas from GT PESTCONTROL was filming Adam and his dogs and they also managed a decent bag of rabbits.

To finish the night Dale was shooting some rabbits that weren't in the best place for running the dogs. It was another great night out with the bunny bashers.

Thanks for watching

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, johnrussell84 said:

Nice video mate. I find the old rabbiting games takes it toll more on the dogs than owt else 

20, 30, 40 or more runs a night, 2 or 3 nights a week puts a fair bit of strain on the dogs joints, especially if you've got a heavy mutt.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, leegreen said:

20, 30, 40 or more runs a night, 2 or 3 nights a week puts a fair bit of strain on the dogs joints, especially if you've got a heavy mutt.

I run mine on a mixture off wotever is going but I always find the innocent bunny takes the dog to the nasty obstacles 

• Like 2

Thanks chaps. Yes the long nights do take it's toll. Even more so with the faster types too. I reckon my cousins dog lass will have plenty of years because her style is so relaxed.

Yes mate rabbit numbers are really low. Same place we caught 142 in a night we are struggling to get 30's. Might have just been a couple bad nights so we will see how the rest of the season goes. 

Thanks again

7 hours ago, Andrewreynoldshunting said:

Thanks chaps. Yes the long nights do take it's toll. Even more so with the faster types too. I reckon my cousins dog lass will have plenty of years because her style is so relaxed.

Yes mate rabbit numbers are really low. Same place we caught 142 in a night we are struggling to get 30's. Might have just been a couple bad nights so we will see how the rest of the season goes. 

Thanks again

Yeah hardly worth bothering just for 30s

• Like 1
  • Haha 3