I know this is a personal preference thing.......but I'm going to treat myself sometime soon to a new catapult and I was considering either bill hays scorpion (small one I think) or gamekeeper johns ppmg (think the names are correct).

I suffer with hand fatigue so I need something comfortable and hopefully will minimise the strain..... I suppose I won't know until I hold either catapult.

Anybody got any experience of using either and what did you think? Any other recommendations appreciated.

Can't get on with the ppmg jumped on band wagon and bought one couldn't hit a thing with it ended up giving it away i stick to what I know old trusty pheasant shoppers or pocket poacher I've had done in ally and coated 

14 minutes ago, Shortstraw said:

I know this is a personal preference thing.......but I'm going to treat myself sometime soon to a new catapult and I was considering either bill hays scorpion (small one I think) or gamekeeper johns ppmg (think the names are correct).

I suffer with hand fatigue so I need something comfortable and hopefully will minimise the strain..... I suppose I won't know until I hold either catapult.

Anybody got any experience of using either and what did you think? Any other recommendations appreciated.

My two shop bought,s are a ppsg from proshot not gamekeeper John and a small hathcock target sniper also from proshot, of the two I prefer the hathcock but would say the ppsg is less stressful on your hand if you have a problem ?

16 minutes ago, Greyman said:

My two shop bought,s are a ppsg from proshot not gamekeeper John and a small hathcock target sniper also from proshot, of the two I prefer the hathcock but would say the ppsg is less stressful on your hand if you have a problem ?

Thanks......interesting, my gut feeling was to go for the small hathcock sniper...what size hands roughly would you say you are?

Mine are large...9/10 glove size, but I reckon the small sniper might fit better than the standard one......only reason been that someone on the net said the standard seemed massive.

I tend to shoot with the catapult on its side......don't know if that makes a difference. Only ever shot ott, but I'm wanting to give ttf ago.

Im loving shooting at the minute, I sometimes have to stop because of my muscles.....but it's great to be back enjoying it.

Edited by Shortstraw

I  have got a pretty average working mans hand the standard one does look huge though, I would say mine would still fit a slightly bigger hand than mine they also take bigger bands than the ppsg/mg shoot ott ttf and tube, good luck mate you will probably end up with more than one ?

• Like 1

Had a ppmg which was comfortable and I shot very accurately, unfortunately I also managed a couple of frame hits that made a mess of the webbing between my thumb and finger, if you look at gkj long he has frame hits on his too. I have a full-size pp hts, my hands are large and it's no problem, do not particularly like it and no where near as accurate as the ppmg. It does take flip clips though which is a bonus. Ppmg is heavy too.