Turning surplus shot birds into dog food.

I`ve only just started to boil down surplus pigeon breasts/ rabbit, mixed with a little veg, pasta for my GSP.

I get a token payment of 30p per pigeon from a local bird of prey centre but when you take into account the price of dog food i`m getting at least 60p- 90p per bird, saved, by making good dog food.

By the reactions of Kaiser at feed time, he knows the home made food is being served compared to the commercial stuff in a can.

He is thriving on the shot game and absolutely no weight gain or loss.  

atb  Mark.

IMG_0054 (1).JPG

IMG_0053 (1).JPG

• Like 4

On 04/11/2018 at 09:16, mark williams said:

I`ve only just started to boil down surplus pigeon breasts/ rabbit, mixed with a little veg, pasta for my GSP.

I get a token payment of 30p per pigeon from a local bird of prey centre but when you take into account the price of dog food i`m getting at least 60p- 90p per bird, saved, by making good dog food.

By the reactions of Kaiser at feed time, he knows the home made food is being served compared to the commercial stuff in a can.

He is thriving on the shot game and absolutely no weight gain or loss.  

atb  Mark.

IMG_0054 (1).JPG

IMG_0053 (1).JPG

This is what I use Mark. Or one like it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2800W-Electric-Meat-Grinder-Mincer-Aluminum-Sausage-Maker-Filler-Kitchen-UK-Plug/173398250510?hash=item285f57540e:g:8Y0AAOSw3UJbQFcB:rk:2:pf:0

Fur off the rabbit half a dozen chops with the cleaver rinse off and in the mincer bones an all for the calcium. Then I weigh em into freezer bags.

After freezing I boil it up with maybe some rice etc. After freezing and boiling there's not much risk of the dogs picking up anything nasty.

A

• Like 1