Game but no vermin.

Lovely walk about this afternoon with the Beretta 687 sport and my GSP.

My best mate lifted one covey of partridges, a couple of pheasants and a single hare.

I took no shots lads, as i am trying to promote the game numbers but not one vermin presentation, - a good thing when you think about it i suppose. :good:

Great walk about all the same.

IMG_1214.JPG.5377ed0f6a2ce9acdafd1db9aefb0790.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG.5487edcc008d8441a960662cf0f412de.JPG

atb  Mark.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Was they grey partridges?

Not seen a grey for decades!

I did hear one about three years ago but that's all.

Hi Nathan,

Yes Grey partridges mate, i have 10 birds about the permission and i`m trying to help them as best i can by shooting any corvids i come across.

Partridge numbers are poor all over the country, so they need as much help as we can give them.

atb  Mark.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 29/10/2018 at 07:37, mark williams said:

Hi Nathan,

Yes Grey partridges mate, i have 10 birds about the permission and i`m trying to help them as best i can by shooting any corvids i come across.

Partridge numbers are poor all over the country, so they need as much help as we can give them.

atb  Mark.

Buzzards are the biggest threat to greys in Norfolk,there everywhere and you just don't see covey's out in the open fields and more there in the woods or under the hedge rows.

Always had reasonable population of Englishmen on our patch. And we release a few hundred each year too, though I'm not sure how beneficial they are to the wild stock. GWCT research suggests released greys are shit at reproducing. But they provide a shootable stock at least.

French just don't interest me at all.