After a bit of advice folks...

In the last week or so I must of had a dozen traps plugged up...I've had both putanges and tunnel traps filled. I've trapped this field a couple of times before with success. Any ideas welcome..

postie 

Postie, this one took 4 weeks to catch.20181023_124759.jpg.39bb69dc8727c16d6153d58daf8e4102.jpg

Very small garden bordered on 3 sides by a brick wall. He'd been operating next door where there was no permission to trap, and only making occasional raids on my customers lawn via, I assume, a fault or tunnel somewhere in the wall footing. As previously stated in this thread he was a real devious trap avoider and his demise was down to dumb luck on my part. This putangue was set vertically in a tunnel that went straight down, about eight inches below the turf. When I pulled it out, I was bemused to find the mole in this position until further investigation revealed he'd actually broken into the run from an adjacent tunnel, between the jaws and just above the traps trigger!  So basically death by misadventure for the mole and a long awaited payday for me. Just goes to show the importance of persistance and the versatility of Putangues.

20181023_161420.jpg.d81bb03877b7811e87cd11d5041adfbe.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1