more trouble for hares

Just caught an item on the news that the first case of myxie has been found in hares in east Anglian, they are still waiting for results of an autopsy but the pictures they showed certainly looked like it and if so its another big f**k up for man playing god ?

Christ what next. Haven't even seen a Hare round here for a couple of years now, recon its the Badger chopping the leverets. There were high numbers of Badgers, heard the cull taken out a lot, to late for the Hares though.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Greyman said:

Just caught an item on the news that the first case of myxie has been found in hares in east Anglian, they are still waiting for results of an autopsy but the pictures they showed certainly looked like it and if so its another big f**k up for man playing god ?

Poor fuckers. No animal deserves death by myxie. Why hunting rabbits/hares with dogs is band and the use of myxie is still around is beyond me, it’s got to be one of the most cruel ways to kill a animal.

• Like 3

And now we have African swine flu in Europe, which could wipe out the wild boar population across Europe that many of the poor  depend on for food and revenue from hunting, they are putting up electric fences to try and hold the spread back but as anyone who lives near wild boar no will be ineffective ???

Myxomatosis has not transferred to any other animal in 60 years+ of its existence in this country.

A variation/mutation on the theme by the looks of things, Myxomatosis in ANY other animal is pretty dramatic and worrying!

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

I know of hare near harbentonford and harbenton

Very close to me mate, I don't have any perms out that way any more. Even traveling haven't seen any out that way, not saying there not there. Talking with friends and farmers the other day at at an event we were all saying the same thing only few about. Still nice to hear there are some close by and will keep an eye out. 

Cheers Arry