Ferret fed dry grub

Got given a so called decent working Jill couple days ago fella said he been feeding ferret kibble to all his for years. 

Anyways been in hutch 2 days now still not touched the rabbit iv put in,surely it ain't going to starve itself to death? ..... Or is it, not known anything like it myself,fit happy Jill for now so no issues far as I'm aware. 

8 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

It will eat it, fcuk skinning em tho, but if ye can try a nice fresh warm rabbit freshly gutted, she will soon tuck in?

Ffs you saying I got keep dead rabbits warm now lol. 

I'm with you feck skinning them i drop guts out is all, see how she goes cheers

19 minutes ago, Jackknife said:

Ffs you saying I got keep dead rabbits warm now lol. 

I'm with you feck skinning them i drop guts out is all, see how she goes cheers

Not even taken the liver or kidneys out of it,next one the dog catches il rush it home lol 

12 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

If ye feed em dry food from a kitt then then they do turn there noses upto meat, it’s not hard to swap em over, jist laziness that causes it tho 

I've heard of pet ferrets not wanting meat but not a worker.

I would expect any ferret to chase a few rabbits around for a bit of fun now and again but not good consistant worker.i thought they wanted to kill and eat them.

Not saying he's not a good worker either.

12 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

If ye feed em dry food from a kitt then then they do turn there noses upto meat, it’s not hard to swap em over, jist laziness that causes it tho 

I've heard of pet ferrets not wanting meat but not a worker.

I would expect any ferret to chase a few rabbits around for a bit of fun now and again but not good consistant worker.i thought they wanted to kill and eat them.

Not saying he's not a good worker either.

Mine are fussy when they have changed from kibble to rabbit. I cut into the rabbits fur in the back legs and sliced the meat loads of times Criss cross . Made it a bit mushy . When they came out to it I put some in front of them and sort of wafted the rabbit at them.  They soon got the hang of it 

• Like 1