HW 97 K .177.

Took her out on a session tonight after the wood pigeons.

Shot three woodies, side on, through the boiler room, to watch all three fly around 100yards and just fold up and fall from quite a height.

I stopped Kaiser from his retrieves as we have no permission on the adjoining land.

Anyway a good sized Grey was high up in the canopy, clueless to me being there, this really "is" where the Primos shooting sticks take there place.

I built the shot of a rock steady Primos platform, the presentation was a very high, upwards shot, through the base of the head , lased to 43 yards.

IMG_1188.thumb.JPG.f5e8e7fbc94cdbe8208d03e105b6ecf9.JPG

IMG_1189.thumb.JPG.4afa553275a731a22c94d443beea331f.JPG

HE 97K in training/ practice.

IMG_1180.thumb.JPG.695ddbf8b488e1cb2f539c1637d87859.JPG

Incredible accuracy from these rifles if you do your bit.

atb  Mark.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, villaman said:

Another tree rat gone ,nice one .

You shoot a woody in the boiler room with FAC air it just falls on the spot , even out at 90 yards :yes:

I`m sure mate, but we are talking completely different styles of hunting i`d have thought :hmm:

12 FT/LBS  V 40 - 50 FT/LBS -12 ft/lbs takes far more skill/ field craft in the hunting field, especially using a spring rifle/ shot placement.

40 - 50 FT/LB Air Cannons in pcp does not belong in the noble art of sub 12 ft/lb hunting, ( only my humble opinion )

• Like 2
19 hours ago, mark williams said:

I`m sure mate, but we are talking completely different styles of hunting i`d have thought :hmm:

12 FT/LBS  V 40 - 50 FT/LBS -12 ft/lbs takes far more skill/ field craft in the hunting field, especially using a spring rifle/ shot placement.

40 - 50 FT/LB Air Cannons in pcp does not belong in the noble art of sub 12 ft/lb hunting, ( only my humble opinion )

You’ve got to put more effort in when you’re using a cranky old piece of junk with hardly any power. Good on yer’ Mark???

Edited by Rimfireboy!
Bad spalling?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, mark williams said:

Thats you told Mitch

and by the way NOT every thing drops on the spot using FAC ether air or bullet

you still have to build the shot and put it in the right place

been there done that .

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

ps,,nice shooting Marko

and shot placement

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Thats you told Mitch

and by the way NOT every thing drops on the spot using FAC ether air or bullet

you still have to build the shot and put it in the right place

been there done that .

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

ps,,nice shooting Marko

and shot placement

exactly  in fact harder in one respect with fac air with longer distance 

you still have hold over and wind to contend  with at longer distance 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, mark williams said:

catapult is more challenging   

• Haha 1