Ford engined Land Rover defender

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I have a 2014 110 with a puma 2.2 litre diesal. What were you wondering about? 

How reliable it is what’s the power like ? Iv had the 300 tdi and driven works td5 but not had any thing to do with the 2.2 is they any thing I should look out for ? 

Never had a problem with it, had a td5 before 2.5 and the power is much the same. Economy is much the same too 20-22 mpg. Bought it new and done 28,000 miles, they hold thier price well too, in fact mines gone up in price over the last year, will never get the £35,000 I paid new though. Good toy for out the Moor though too. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, vfr400boy said:

I think am going to make an offer on it it’s a 110 with 5 seats so room for family and dogs 

Good machines, just check for rot etc. Ours is a seven seater, wish I hadn't now as its not like you can remove the two back fold down ones without a lot of hassle, so take up alot of room even folded. Old td5 was a 12 seater, they can't make em like that any more. We live right on the sea and a lot of off road so get it waxoiled every two years, costs around £100 but worth it to stop the rot. 

Let me know how you get on ? 

• Like 1

The engine unlike the ones in the ranger are ok as land rover only get the block and put oil pump etc on them selves,the transits that had that engine all got a recall on dodgy oil pumps but the rangers didn't and plenty are blowing up due to poor quality fans on the oil pump.Look on any ford ranger forum and your'll see a lot are going bang at 50,000 + or just when warrenty runs out and ford know about the pump issues but are doing feck all for ranger owners,no way would i ever own a 2012 _ late 2015 ranger no matter how little it cost as it will go bang one day...

Edited by fireman
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.