H&N FTT ,177 8.6Gr

I decided to try these pellets in my HW77 today. 

1st impressions are really good. 

They seem to punch through the wind better than JSBs. They also smack pretty hard.

The inconsistent wind meant a fair accuracy comparison was not possible. 

I tried them in my TX200 but they were not quite as good.

Has anyone else got any thoughts?

I recently tried then in my Mercury - they were harder lead and, a tighter fit than the FAPs but, they grouped well.

...... I've yet to figure out if the rifle likes them better or, I'm getting a more manageable shot cycle because of tighter fitting Pellets :hmm:

They seem to be a well made pellet and, all good if your rifle likes them :thumbs:

Raved about these for ages. Use them in me rapid. Only thing it likes. Quite liertally. Getting hold of 4.52 ones in standard shops is a pain the ass mind. Bought 6 tins from voymir so all good for a few months. 

Great pellet. If a ‘little hard’. I say that as I’ve used them in me 98 and as much as it punches the same hole, graftin um in the breech gets tiresome on the thumb. 

If the rifle you’ve used likes the trophies, give the barrra match a try too... heavy but absolutely boss. Best pellet I’ve ever used. In any calibre. 

I'm not sure of the head size till I dig them out in the morning.

Rez, They are a bit tight but not too bad. Like I said before, I can't do a fair accuracy test with the wind as it has been recently.

I've got a tin of Barracuda Match to try next,

Maybe a bit controversial, a while ago I gave Crossman Premiers a bash in my 97. JS Ramsbottoms sell them in boxes of 1250. I can't remember the price but they were cheap. These were very tight and were a pain to load. I put them through a TbT sizing die to 4.51. I was very impressed with the accuracy. I don't know the range of sizes they make but 4.50 might be worth a go.

• Like 1

Init mate. I assume yours are the .50 ones if there not to tight. In HW barells the .52’s are almost to much. 

Pemiers in a box... for cheap... I’ll have to source me some of those. There well expensive round here being a vintage round. 

Yeah man, let us know about the barra’s. 

6 hours ago, Underdog said:

I recently tried a few trophies and was impressed too. They do hit hard some how.

I remember when they came out, how sad is that!

U.

I know what you mean U. They do hit hard. No harder perhaps to other pellets but there’s just something about the sound and impact they make.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Jonnyb6161 said:

It’s weird how hard they hit given they’re only a tad heavier than JSB

Maybe it’s  how hard the compound is like. Proper solid pellet H&N are. JSB and anything like that go all squiggy if ya fart hard and there in ya back pocket.

• Haha 2