I really wanted this to be a good review ?

1 minute ago, Jonjon79 said:

That looks like it - it had a remote control on a wire for the range finder (?) and some other functions.

Good picture btw :good:

You can use a remote that you stick to the fore end of the rifle but I don't bother with that. Cracking scopes mate, it's the best I have tried.

• Like 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing wrong with Pulsar N870 or N970 lrf . My N870 LRF is absolutely brilliant would not be with out it IMO the best NV although some will say the Drone pro is better but it has no range finder

Never.  I've got both jimmy and the thermal is awesome, but it does have drawbacks as well,  in certain conditions it's totally blind, damp wet evenings for example, if there is a lot of moisture

For the life of me I can't remember what he had when he came down to mine.    

Posted Images

Nothing wrong with Pulsar N870 or N970 lrf .

My N870 LRF is absolutely brilliant would not be with out it IMO the best NV although some will say the Drone pro is better but it has no range finder built in like the pulsar

N870 and N970 are even better with  doubler on

By the way ATN are crap    but I thought I would let you make your own mind up , as I keep knocking other NV units the only reason  once you had the best then the rest are just not that good 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Jonjon79 said:

That looks like it - it had a remote control on a wire for the range finder (?) and some other functions.

Good picture btw :good:

Just push the boat out and be done with nv

buy A THERMAL SCOPE

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

1 hour ago, villaman said:

My N870 LRF is absolutely brilliant would not be with out it IMO the best NV although some will say the Drone pro is better but it has no range finder built in like the pulsar

By the way ATN are crap    but I thought I would let you make your own mind up , as I keep knocking other NV units the only reason  once you had the best then the rest are just not that good 

Once you have a thermal scope Mitch

your nv will be redundant and only fit for the bin mate

as you will never use it again

Thermal scopes are good admittedly, but I'll wait for the price to come down a bit. I didn't like NV scopes a while back, having only tried a Photon but now I have the Pulsar N355 and it's wicked.

£4k for a thermal scope for a professional pest controller is a fair business expense. For a recreational shooter, it's obscene unless you're a millionaire.

1 hour ago, bigmac 97kt said:

No way ,N870 lrf with a doubler on it will hold its own against thermal , its that good and remember thermal has no laser range finder built in   

1 hour ago, walshie said:

Thermal scopes are good admittedly, but I'll wait for the price to come down a bit. I didn't like NV scopes a while back, having only tried a Photon but now I have the Pulsar N355 and it's wicked.

£4k for a thermal scope for a professional pest controller is a fair business expense. For a recreational shooter, it's obscene unless you're a millionaire.

Mate has the N355 and probable the best NV I have looked through ,  easy on the eye but still could do with a doubler on though 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, villaman said:

Mate has the N355 and probable the best NV I have looked through ,  easy on the eye but still could do with a doubler on though 

It goes up to 14x mag. Why would you need a doubler? 

No way ,N870 lrf with a doubler on it will hold its own against thermal , its that good and remember thermal has no laser range finder built in   

Honest Mitch the first time you use a thermal scope out in the field

you will never use a nv again

and that little rf you recommended puts pay,d to range finding mate

im no expert in thermal but the twice iv used one it blew my mind

and nv can not hold its own with thermal not in a million years mate

11 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Never.

I've got both jimmy and the thermal is awesome, but it does have drawbacks as well,  in certain conditions it's totally blind, damp wet evenings for example, if there is a lot of moisture in the air you cannot see your hand in front of you mate.

The other problem with thermal is lining up clear shots in undergrowth, trees, long grass etc, with Nv you can see all the obstructions, thermal cannot. If I had a quid for everytime ive clipped a branch, bramble etc etc, I would be a happy bunny.

• Like 4

Agreed, as much as I love my thermal, the Nv still gets a lot of use, different tools for different jobs/occasions.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Honest Mitch the first time you use a thermal scope out in the field

you will never use a nv again

and that little rf you recommended puts pay,d to range finding mate

im no expert in thermal but the twice iv used one it blew my mind

and nv can not hold its own with thermal not in a million years mate

I'd have to disagree with you there Jimmy and agree with VM.  In June, 3 of us did a big rabbit control job in Scotland. One of us had a thermal scope and we were using NV. We shot just as many, if not more than he did.

You get a much clearer picture of the quarry through NV. Ideal scenario (for me anyway) would be a thermal spotter and  NV scope. 

Have you had a look through a decent NV rather than a photon?

1 minute ago, walshie said:

I'd have to disagree with you there Jimmy and agree with VM.  In June, 3 of us did a big rabbit control job in Scotland. One of us had a thermal scope and we were using NV. We shot just as many, if not more than he did.

You get a much clearer picture of the quarry through NV. Ideal scenario (for me anyway) would be a thermal spotter and  NV scope. 

Have you had a look through a decent NV rather than a photon?

I had a look through David evans nv (same as vm,s)

when he was up at mine

good nv mind

when i was with pav the fog came in and my photon white,d out

but the thermal was still good to go .

mind iv not used a thermal in damp wet evenings

but as we were still shooting in fog i thought it would be ok in them conditions

like i say,d im no expert

you live and learn lol

14 hours ago, villaman said:

Nothing wrong with them at all mate - I was impressed when I had a look through David's.

....... It's just that all of the scope type NV that I've looked through so far has made me feel off balance.

Lesson learned on the X-Sight sight :yes:

....... But, if the product matched the marketing it would be one hell of a scope.