Another pair.

I went to a shoot i control foxes on, on tuesday night and caught up with a vixen that has evaded me twice before. After scanning with the n/v monocular i saw the first one about 150yds away on a ditch side. I tracked it with the drone pro and when it stopped for a crap i dropped it (top one in pic).

Just as my mate had got to it to bring it back i spotted another at the top of the field. When he returned with it, the other one had moved from right to left to another ditch and was making it,s way to a bridge over it. The caller was in the next field so i  turned it on hoping to draw the fox down to it. However it completely ignored the caller and was making it,s way along the side of a wood. I had been watching it through the drone when it suddenly stopped and was obviously fixated by something in front of it. Well it's now or never i thought so put the reticule on the engine room and touched off a shot. As i shot the fox pounced forward, no doubt trying to catch whatever it had come across. I heard the bullet strike but the fox wasn't dead, it was holding itself up but going nowhere. I chambered another round quickly and dispatched  it with a second shot. It was at 263yds .

002.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, David.evans said:

Ian 

what do you find is working on the caller at the moment 

Atb 

Pheasant distress, rat distress and juvenile fox distress in that order.

• Like 1