Thinking of stopping trapping magpies, and putting the Larson traps away for another year . Glad I didn’t do it sooner. Found this adult dog fox in this trap this morning. He wasn’t very happy to see me . I’ve been seeing a fox in this area but never when I’ve been shooting , so I was very pleased to see him ! I’ve had cubs in Larson traps before, but never an adult. Result!! 

FDD53674-E3CE-47FB-AF1C-7AF0FEACC781.jpeg

C9CCDCB5-1A9D-4E6F-ACA1-48C818B99B16.jpeg

• Like 9

• 1 month later...
On 27/08/2018 at 15:19, foxdropper said:

Mate caught a raven last week .Dammed big birds up close .

Their numbers and range have increased in recent years , plenty about around by me . I think I can live with them at the moment, I like the sound they make. I’ve got loads of carrion and jackdaws I will be concentrating on . Had a ladder trap going a while back and I was killing some big numbers . Had a couple of ravens get in but let them go . One was ringed ! Might live to regret it but I’m getting soft in my old age . You are right they are a big old bird and I can tell you from experience that when they bite ... it hurts!!!