Spring Rifle Hunting.

3 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

lol YOUR NOT WRONG BACK THEN A TIN OF PELLETS WERE AROUND £5 FOR 500 LOL

NOW £16 ISH OR MORE

DEPENDING WHAT YOU WANT

but back then we did not care rifle pellets and out you went

you DID not give a sh*t if you missed it was all part of the fun lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Now you are making me feel really old, £2.00 -£2.50 (500 x .22) back when I got mine, Webley, Milbro, Eley, Bulldog come to mind, to be honest I can't immediately recall any others, someone will remind me!

Edit...this lot still sell the wasp for £5.00

http://www.gundeal.co.uk/eley-wasp-.22-air-pellets-500pc-accessory-457

http://outdoorandcountrysports.co.uk/en/air-rifle-pellets/931-eley-wasp-22-air-pellets-500pc.html

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Springer fetish is getting a bit out of hand there's 22 there, plus the r7 has snuck in somehow?

Lads, I`ve put a few photos together of the spring rifles I`m hunting with.                   My 100`s aren`t seeing much work lately, as the enjoyment and satisfaction I`m getting from the sprin

I have no spring rifles anymore except my Airsporter, mine from new and bought around 1972 I think.    All my others have gone and its PCP now.  That's the way for me, but without doubt newer Springer

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Deker said:

Now you are making me feel really old, £2.00 -£2.50 (500 x .22) back when I got mine, Webley, Milbro, Eley, Bulldog come to mind, to be honest I can't immediately recall any others, someone will remind me!

Feck they bring back some memories lol

When the hell did we get all technical :laugh:

what with pellet on pellet,,, graphs to see how good the pellet loop is and so on

gone are the good old days of rifle pellets and off out shooting

ON ANY LAND yours or not

no one turned an eye at us then

8 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Feck they bring back some memories lol

When the hell did we get all technical :laugh:

what with pellet on pellet,,, graphs to see how good the pellet loop is and so on

gone are the good old days of rifle pellets and off out shooting

ON ANY LAND yours or not

no one turned an eye at us then

Life was a lot simpler back then, but we somehow still managed to stop some rabbits.  To be honest, I do stop more these days, technology and CNC engineering have definitely helped! :thumbs:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Deker said:

Life was a lot simpler back then, but we somehow still managed to stop some rabbits.  To be honest, I do stop more these days, technology and CNC engineering have definitely helped! :thumbs:

You got that right but is it just me

or did we seem to have more fun back then

and every thing is high tec now even springers lol

hell you cant even stick a spanner on your car now unless its been on a computer first :laugh:

12 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

You got that right but is it just me

or did we seem to have more fun back then

and every thing is high tec now even springers lol

hell you cant even stick a spanner on your car now unless its been on a computer first :laugh:

:laugh: Yep, the car thing is daft, haven't actually seen an engine in a car for a long while...actually strike that, here's a very good advert for NOT buying a Land Rover.   Actually don't strike that its true, haven't actually seen an engine in a car for a long while...……...

015.thumb.jpg.d7319e76b61014bbd80c741ac60ccc2e.jpg011.thumb.jpg.0cdb35bb8665e236104e6f3809ad1433.jpg

!013a.thumb.jpg.c206c95d4700da4389b6d45246a6ebb9.jpg

Yep, that's my NEW Land Rover up in the air having the Balance shafts changed under warranty!!!!

...........................but perhaps we are beginning to wonder a bit!

:thumbs:

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Deker said:

:laugh: Yep, the car thing is daft, haven't actually seen an engine in a car for a long while...actually strike that, here's a very good advert for NOT buying a Land Rover.   Actually don't strike that its true, haven't actually seen an engine in a car for a long while...……...

015.thumb.jpg.d7319e76b61014bbd80c741ac60ccc2e.jpg011.thumb.jpg.0cdb35bb8665e236104e6f3809ad1433.jpg

!013a.thumb.jpg.c206c95d4700da4389b6d45246a6ebb9.jpg

Yep, that's my NEW Land Rover up in the air having the Balance shafts changed under warranty!!!!

...........................but perhaps we are beginning to wonder a bit!

:thumbs:

The green oval ain’t what it used to be.

12 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

lazy gas gunners ???

out of interest what would give you more satisfaction

A 50 yard kill or a 25 yard or less kill using stealth .

35 yards or less gives me the " Air Gun Hunter`s Satisfaction" :good:

Far more skill required.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Even more if there’s 2 an I can silently cock an load another pellet without being seen ?

Yes, definitely so but here starts the realm of the deadly PCP, as to cock a spring rifle for a second shot, so close, is rare .

atb  Mark.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, mark williams said:

The rifles of yesteryear like the Air Sporter, FWB Sport, HW 35, etc,etc, were and are very good guns for accuracy but what did let them down badly was the pellets we all used.

My FWB sisters, using modern day JSB`s are laser accurate.

What? You mean those beatall and bulldog pellets weren’t accurate? ? you’ve gotta be kiddin’ me Mark.? I used to pay 14p a 100/box for them, thought they were ace? and I could hit a tin can every shot.........nearly. Edit to say, my local hardware shop stocks boxes of 200 Marksman @ £1:37/box. Tried a few in my HW100. They weren’t quite as accurate as the jsb’s I can say for sure?...............

Edited by Rimfireboy!
16 hours ago, Deker said:

http://outdoorandcountrysports.co.uk/en/air-rifle-pellets/931-eley-wasp-22-air-pellets-500pc.html

The original eley wasp .22 were the only pellets that my airsporters liked. I couldn’t get good power or accuracy from owt else I tried really. Similar with the Webley mk3, although it’s not quite as fussy as the airsporters were. I send to use champion pellets as well, they were popular, still got some left in .22, strangely, my hw99s loves them.

1 hour ago, Rimfireboy! said:

The original eley wasp .22 were the only pellets that my airsporters liked. I couldn’t get good power or accuracy from owt else I tried really. Similar with the Webley mk3, although it’s not quite as fussy as the airsporters were. I send to use champion pellets as well, they were popular, still got some left in .22, strangely, my hw99s loves them.

My Airsporter is actually a .22 (not 5.5) as far as I'm aware, so it likes the Wasp Blue as they are 5.6mm, without doubt that gives the best energy in mine! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker