SPRING OR PRE CHARGE

Precharge is far easier to shoot accurately,quieter,and most will double up as a target gun,if that floats yer boat.Downside is they need an air supply,which adds to the initial cost.

Springer is self contained,needs no charge,but are noisier and take more skill to hit the target.

If i was after my first gun,id go for a second hand AirArms S200.For £300,you would get a used S200 in good condition,with scope and bag,and probably still have enough left to get a second hand divers bottle.HTH's Bill

cheers bill, I was thinks of the aa as it apears to be a well talked about gun with good veiws................ thanks stu :D

i was also looking at gettinga s200 first and by luck i got a great deal on a s410 excelent guns! people say emotion is lost with the clinical action of a pcp. but to me the emotion comes from the chase and the end result not how the pellet got its propelant! lol. springers are a great self contained peice of kit but i went out yesterday and was able to take 40 shots with some plinking at the end and didnt have to cock the rifle once!!! :gunsmilie:

I used a BSA Meteor springer a lot in the past, then 18 months ago I bought a second hand Daystate Harrier, had it serviced and blued, its brilliant, not put many pellets through it yet but the difference is amazing, I feel like a sniper. :laugh:

I found the springer done its job fine, its knowing how to use them, a neighbour owned a Webley Vulcan at the time, his eyesight was A1, much better than mine but he couldn't hit a barn door, my youngest lad (25yrs) can take his hand to anything pretty quick yet I can out do him for shooting and I regard myself as just about average.

I finished many a rat from my top window with a cloth under my wrist to cushion the recoil, exhaled then let the pellet off, thats how I done it, too many rush their shots.

So what I'm saying is...both will do the job on rabbits and rats, its down to you in my opinion. :thumbs:

defo a mixed bag, though for the mo i will still to the springer for a while.

I took it out to day and the starling population in my village is going down rapidly 13 birds 15shots not bad for a newby......... :gunsmilie:

Have a look at this,,,http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-countryside/vertebrates/gen-licence.htm

I think you will find that Starlings are not on the list of shootable birds these days. A little research before shooting is the best way to stay on the right side of the law. :no:

http://f4bscale.worldonline.co.uk/starling.htm

Edited by Velocette

I took it out to day and the starling population in my village is going down rapidly 13 birds 15shots not bad for a newby......... :gunsmilie:

slap wrist for u stu . how you getting on with the gamo?

Have a look at this,,,http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-countryside/vertebrates/gen-licence.htm

I think you will find that Starlings are not on the list of shootable birds these days. A little research before shooting is the best way to stay on the right side of the law. :no:

http://f4bscale.worldonline.co.uk/starling.htm

speedystu

Many people are unaware what is allowed but the "management" have thoughtfully pinned some helpful info above. "What Can I Shoot!"