matt hayes

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with a lot of what has been said on this thread. I have met Wilson many times and I suppose his manner may annoy a few.

Bottom line is, he can seriously catch fish!!!!

And that my "pedigree chums" is what it's all about.

Passion is definately the best angling program ever made, though I understand the new Hugh Miles one with Bowler is tipped as a contender. (Martin Bowler is another very good angler......Mind you John Wilson is his uncle so he had a good teacher :big_boss: )

I have to admit, apart from the great rod race and Record breaking fish, which have been done to death on TV.....I cannot abide the fishing dross that Sky TV turns out.

I might get in touch with discovery channel and ask them if they are interested in a new extreme fishing program starring myself and Mr Darcy it's called "Gimped up for Barbel" It would contain good angling and great leatherware.

What do you reckon?

Regards

Moocher

i cannot see that series ever being beaten...it was just so perfect IMHO.....

Spot on bum lord........ :thumbs:

I have fished with Bob James and the man knows his stuff.

I bumped into Matt Hayes at the carp show..........a bit like Julian Cuntdiff...........perma-tanned and a bit up his own arse.

Seemed friendly enough though.

Its worth asking the question, why hasnt Horse & Country channel looked at re-running some of Jack Hargreves programmes or Hugh Falkus Self portrait of a happy man, great counrtyside programmes for people like us??

Cheers

Aled

I can remember back many many years ago when "Go Fishing" was first aired.

Eeerrrmmm...there was just one problem and that was that the time schedule was 7am on sunday.....and where were most anglers? Yep, fishing!! i remember getting up especially early to get ready, leave all my tackle outside the door and watch as much Go Fishing as possible before tramping the mile or so to the local conservative club that i used to match fish for!!!!

You guys have all missed one Gem...."A Passion for angling".....brilliant.....ok, they loook like a pair of bum-lords, but the programme was excellent IMHO.... hugh miles is the daddy!

a passion for angling ??

one of the best, so calm and nice .

lovely :)

i cannot see that series ever being beaten...it was just so perfect IMHO.....

they didnt do anymore of them because one of them had some passion with the others wife so i am led to believe :clapper: