patterdale x whippet

• 2 weeks later...

On 25/05/2018 at 01:29, kx100 said:

I have 3 of this mix from my last litter witch have turned out cracking bushing dogs with abit of speed but tend to drop to ground sometimes

Any pics of them, I work a small bedy whippet x Patterdale russell and she ain't much to look at but she's doubled my whippet catch rate since I got her and demon on rats. Atb

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 22:49, Sighthound85 said:

hi anybody on hear use patterdale x whippet for bushing are they any good 

I aint got any but was given a dvd with a whole pack of them ratting and aint bad at it either ,hard to tell them apart tho they all look the same maybe that's why they all wear different coloured collars ?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Sighthound85 said:

thanks everyone for your replies i have two hear i got giffted just over 6 months now hears hopeing ?

20180518_084028.jpg

They look handy mate, my bitch will go through any cover and she's produced some good all round rabbit dog's when bred to a whippet, I'll get some pics up after work. Atb

• Like 2

They make good dogs for flushing pigs from blackberries.Mate got one for bailing pigs in the open to shoot but it lugs the pigs like a bull terrier,a very game little dog,but for its own sake I'd keep it for smaller game.

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Like 1

The one my mate had was 19in with whippet mother,apparently the whippet would grab pigs also so I don't know why he expected the pups to bail.I'm going to put a parsons (which does bail)over a whippet bitch although I mainly want them for ferreting and bushing,but at least any extra pups would get homes for pigging which most are into here.

27 minutes ago, Sighthound85 said:

what sort of hight did they make i would like these to bush rabbits and maybe push the odd fox out .