If your plugging it in inside you can get baby monitor type cams on eBay.. mysafe I think they're called, they use app on phone and wifi for cam but need mains power.. Bout 30 quid each and they were good I used them in barns for lambing and they survived ok and got night vision 

its misafecam they're called 

Edited by Ptd87
14 hours ago, scothunter said:

I was going to buy a trail camera to put in the forest's and the glen see what's about. Well until I realised I needed a pc or laptop lol

Only own a tablet 

The one I have you can pull the memory card and view the pictures through a camera. No computer required just a device that will accept a memory card the same size as the camera.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, scothunter said:

Can you elaborate on that mate. If you have time show me a link what I need? Just checked my tablet there a slot for micro SD 

Here you go, spend a few pound extra as I have bought several cheap ones that are total shite, this one works perfect kids bought me it off amazon less than a score and though I don't like to disagree with born as he,s a super intelligent young man I would avoid trail cams that use the micro sd cards as they are very easy to loose in the debris of the woods floor, if however you do end up with the micro sd model either lay a white carrier bag or a towel on the floor when you take the card out so if it does escape you can see it, 

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One more tip for today if your worried about someone stealing your camera use frame fixers and an impact driver to attach it ,this is how mine go on and I have not lost any yet despite having put them along public footpath,s and in plane site of everyone, you would need to smash the camera to bits to get it off, it's also good for screwing into concrete in motorway underpasses and places like that which are real hotspots 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hotspots for what doggers lol just messing.

Can't think of any where up here with concrete. It be trees but I'll check it regularly. Im Pretty remote up here. If anyone was going to find it prob be keepers or hill walkers. 

But cheers for the advice appreciated

23 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Hotspots for what doggers lol just messing.

Can't think of any where up here with concrete. It be trees but I'll check it regularly. Im Pretty remote up here. If anyone was going to find it prob be keepers or hill walkers. 

But cheers for the advice appreciated

It's the funnel effect you are looking for anywere that forces animal runs to converge, and underpasses are one of the best, all animals also like the path of least resistance and footpaths used by people are alive after dark with animals, as are canal towpaths, when you get that cat picture don't be to embarrassed to call me, goodluck 

• Haha 3