Fishing Comp 2018

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Come next year and get fed like a king ......    

Here you go walt..... Old kenneth ran me up to £35 on that print....... Had to be mine?? Pride of place ?????

Cups coming home to Wales this yr?big thank you to kev and finn for sorting us the venue, alot of stress on his part juggling everything, as always a sterling job?food cooked and delivered to your peg

Posted Images

I took Finley out the venue for the comp yesterday for a few hours, and he hammered me off the next peg..

He had 8 bream around 3lb a fair few skimmers, hybrids and Rudd and a tench around 1lb

I did have a few fish but not nearly as many decent bream, had a nice tench around 2lb and a little crucian there are only a few carp in this pool and one of them smashed me up

20180630_131412.jpg

20180630_131441.jpg

20180630_130623.jpg

• Like 2

As I've said the venues owned by very good friends, we grew up on the same estate and I fished with his Dad when I was a kid, his mum was like my 2nd mum as a teenager and it didn't change yesterday...she helps run the fishery and was fussing over me and Fin, she said she'd surprise us with some food and bought out chicken burgers with a hash brown (kfc tower style lol) and chips... 

The shop is well stocked, every bit of tackle and bait you'd need and essential foods, ice creams, drinks etc.

The pond we fished was the silver fish pond, I'd like to put the match on this one depending on numbers..

It's around 3ft deep, and has around 14 pegs, it could be a bit snug but would be good for the banter..

We fished pellet and corn mainly yesterday, fins better bream came on the corn, I did have a nice tench on work.. red maggot is meant to be good a d caster for the bream (could suffer a bit with small Rudd and roach though),

The Rudd and roach we had on pellet were all 6oz plus though.

No need to fish anything complicated, a waggler, whip or short pole will all be best., a couple of rod lengths out around 5m on the pole.

Fin ended up fishing the top 3 sections and still had some decent fish.

If we need more pegs I'll spread it between a couple of ponds.

It will mean carp will figure though so we'll need to put a fish size limit on carp (maybe all carp count as 3lb??)

This will make it fair between the ponds.

Fin had at least 30lb yesterday and a small friendly match on the pond was won with 43lb last week, everyone should catch a decent weight and id say you'll need 30lb plus to win it..

Should be a very open match though.. 

For those up for it I'm going to set up a day on the tidal Exe on the Saturday, try and get away for 8am and fish until 1 or 2 then we can get back have a wash and a bit of grub few beers etc.

Let me know numbers on this please and I'll sort day tickets for the river 

Cheers 

1 hour ago, dytkos said:

So when Fin wins the comp, where's it gonna be next year? Lol

Cheers, D.

I've told him if it even looks like he's in with a chance I'm taking his rod off him lol

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, walshie said:

Well we can pretty much guarantee next years comp won't be anywhere near sock's house. :whistling:

I'm actually gonna have a flutter on the otter, ive a funny feeling this will be his year...?

Edited by NEWKID
Just now, walshie said:

Naaah! 

Haha...he's really going for it this year mate, he's told me it's his destiny to pick up the THL cup!! Lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, socks said:

If I don't win this year I'm going cut of walshies and dytkos's balls ... I think that's a fair forfeit .......

Micro-boilies?

Bloody hell that's harsh. All we can do is try catch less. We can't make you catch more. (Obviously.) :D

I came second in the comp once. But I don't like to talk about it........