best lamps nowadays???

11 hours ago, Lance82 said:

1 of the 1st lamps i ever used was an old coleman nightsight, only 400,000 cp but decent enough for bunnies. I think there was the 800,000 cp available back then aswell. Anybody still have any of these????

nowadays i dont think you can beat the lightforce. The striker is my choice at the moment. 

There was a coleman lamp on ebay type in hunting lamp im sur still on there mate

• Like 1

I dont now how i managed with old lamps the lazer light or night blaster etc now i use lightforce i think to myself how did i manage to get the gear  back then  but its like anything things constantly upgrade for better performance 

7 hours ago, twelsh said:

I dont now how i managed with old lamps the lazer light or night blaster etc now i use lightforce i think to myself how did i manage to get the gear  back then  but its like anything things constantly upgrade for better performance 

Still use lazerlite can't go wrong

• Like 1
7 hours ago, twelsh said:

aye the lamps are amazing and light as a feather now, when I was about 9 or 10 year old I was the apprentice shall we say lol so got made to hump that heavy battery around everywhere we went lol done me no harm in the long run I suppose ha my apprentice (son) wont know how easy hes got it haha

• Like 1

Tracer 170 variable for lampshy game and it has a much nicer dimmer switch to use than light force 170 striker. Clulite plr 500 is ok for price but LEDs don't pick out squatters eyes in grass as well as the old halogen lamps. You would do well to wear out a 22amp lithium tracer battery in a night.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jiggy said:

Tracer 170 variable for lampshy game and it has a much nicer dimmer switch to use than light force 170 striker. Clulite plr 500 is ok for price but LEDs don't pick out squatters eyes in grass as well as the old halogen lamps. You would do well to wear out a 22amp lithium tracer battery in a night.

Exactly what I’ve found. I’ve lost squatters with the plr 500. I’ve got a red filter for my tracer 170 but haven’t been using it lately, had much better runs having the dimmer down to 50% or a  bit less with the beam as tight as she goes. f***ing eyes glow lovely for my like this. My 10ah battery lasts a few hours out, that’s with a 100w osram bulb too. 

• Like 1