Commen buzzard

foxdropper

I’ve informed police liaison officer who wasn’t bothered at all tbh . A10 not needed apparently as I’m not using it for monetary gain or public display . Been in touch with NE ,defra  and cites and none of them are interested in causing me a problem . The bird is very tame now even with door open and comes to me regardless of food on the glove or not . 

E8B9C3C1-7A55-4602-99C1-AEA1704D33E5.jpeg

• Like 6
On 3/12/2018 at 14:29, fireman said:

IN TRIPLE FD, the taking of wild birds out of the wild is a dodgy area and one that gives the rspca access to your yard and it's down to you to prove your innocent.You just having that bird there means your guilty so deffo get all your bases covered,i myself would have wrung the vermins neck and i hope it can't be released as there's to many of the rotten things and other wildlife are suffering hard for it....

prick

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, wildman said:

prick

like i said i would have destroyed it and slept happily knowing another one wasn't tormenting the game birds,ground nesting birds or the leveret's like they are doing around me and as for being bothered by some name on here calling me a prick :bye:...:laugh:

Will just add fare play FD if there not a torment in your area then why not but were over run with them and there doing some mayor damage this way..

Edited by fireman

I've had a buzzard in the past and flew it but never once caught anything with it .They are lazy buggers waiting for the weak to die in my experience .I've known keeper moan about them killing poults but never seen it myself .Wouldn't argue with anyone though as I' m not like that lol.

Iv'e had one nearly come through a landy windscreen in it's pursute of a red leg and many times have i seen them drop and try to foot both partridge and pheasants,had a wild pheasant hen killed on a nest while i was walking to collect the eggs and the buzzard hit her so hard it broke every sodding egg under her:censored:.A pal in the snow the other week was driving his misses to work and a buzzard nailed a hen pheasant in the road in front of him and as it was to dangerous to slam on the brakes it got run over while on top of the hen bird,so not going to argue with you FD as like you i don't do arguments :angel:  but the story they only eat the weak and carrion is b*ll*cks mate :thumbs:.

• Like 1

I've seen them take pheasants on my place, doesn't worry me as I don't have a syndicate shoot, personally I like seeing them about, both pheasants and buzzards, pretty sure I would view them different if I was a keeper, but I'm not.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, fireman said:

Iv'e had one nearly come through a landy windscreen in it's pursute of a red leg and many times have i seen them drop and try to foot both partridge and pheasants,had a wild pheasant hen killed on a nest while i was walking to collect the eggs and the buzzard hit her so hard it broke every sodding egg under her:censored:.A pal in the snow the other week was driving his misses to work and a buzzard nailed a hen pheasant in the road in front of him and as it was to dangerous to slam on the brakes it got run over while on top of the hen bird,so not going to argue with you FD as like you i don't do arguments :angel:  but the story they only eat the weak and carrion is b*ll*cks mate :thumbs:.

Was a bit of a windup mate ,?I know exactly what they do but to fly a buzzard at prey is the holy grail of falconry or used to be .

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Was a bit of a windup mate ,?I know exactly what they do but to fly a buzzard at prey is the holy grail of falconry or used to be .

Have to say iv'e only seen them fly at rather than drop onto prey just once and that was the red leg who went under the landy i was driving and the buzzard brushed the windscreen with it's wings as it swerved to miss the landy as such and i would imagine a buzzard flight at game wouldn't be to exciting as far as a chase goes as they are a lazy flying bird but again fare play for giving it a chance and may it do well for you..:thumbs:

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Buzzard now released free after withdrawing my attention .Flew strong on a full stomach .

Did you put a coloured split ring(like a plastic chicken one) on it so you can recognise it again?,but again fare play FD and i hope you do have a bit of a long term relationship (you get what ii mean:p) with it out in the wild......:victory:

No mate .It was tame as when I found it .Had poorly made anklets and Jesse's on ,was half starved ,half needing human company I guess and I wanted to keep it .The dogs thought otherwse and barked whined whenever it moved so tough love was used to revert it' needs away from me and to regain independence .The last couple of days I had it ,it was bouning from perch to perch looking for a way out as a wild bird should and then was given its' freedom. 

I don't expect to see it again up close and hope I never do .Times not right for me to undertake a bop right now ,to give it the time it needs to fly free to hand .

• Like 1