Leaking PCP rifle

Evening THL, 

I have been up the range today to zero my scope and get my eye in ready for my first outing with Rabid tomorrow. Unfortunately after putting about 200 shots down the range, I tried to charge my gun using a cylinder at the range and heard a leak start in the gun. I stopped filling and checked everything over. As I removed the filling probe my rifle dumped the best part of 100bar through the filling port. I did some fault finding and I found the issue is the inlet valve (A small plastic stopper like piece inside the inlet valve body). Now unfortunately this has complete scuppered my plans to shoot tomorrow as, at present, I only have the 1 rifle and I can't get a new part delivered until next week. 

Not sure if this post is to ask if anyone knows what might of caused this to fail or if it is me just having a gripe about it. Either way, I got some lovely groupings prior to the b*****d packing up on me! 

Just typical hey... finally get a chance to go shooting and me gun sh*ts itself... 

as it goes. Rabid has already talked me through fixing the whole thing haha. The fella doesn't half know his way around a PCP that's for sure. 

The rifle is an RWS LR-25 in .22. 

Ended up taking the entire cylinder assembly apart, cleaning the inlet valve and seals and reassembling. I think all the drama was caused by a tiny fleck of brass that had got snagged on the edge of the inlet valve and was stopping it from forming a proper seal. Sent Rabid a text and he helped me sort in no time. So we are back on for tomorrow assuming it isn't too windy! Here's hoping. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 06/01/2018 at 20:54, PLEDGEY said:

The tiniest piece of crap can cause leakage. I use a stirrup pump and always keep a plastic bag over the end with an elastic band over it to hold it in place.

You’re not wrong there. As it goes it was a small brass shaving in between the inlet valve and the valve housing. I did notice that the gun was still losing pressure though. After a bit of checking under magnification I noticed the smallest little nick in the inlet valve. I searched around and it was like £14 in most places just for the actual valve. I looked on best fittings and found the valve spring and retainer screw for £9... wicked. Fitted it last night and the gun is holding pressure perfectly now. Well chuffed. Now I buy another gun anyway cause... well you can have too many right? 

4 hours ago, Mark_mjs93 said:

You’re not wrong there. As it goes it was a small brass shaving in between the inlet valve and the valve housing. I did notice that the gun was still losing pressure though. After a bit of checking under magnification I noticed the smallest little nick in the inlet valve. I searched around and it was like £14 in most places just for the actual valve. I looked on best fittings and found the valve spring and retainer screw for £9... wicked. Fitted it last night and the gun is holding pressure perfectly now. Well chuffed. Now I buy another gun anyway cause... well you can have too many right? 

I started with one lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

PS,,,ITS AN ADDICTION

some have been replaced now mind

P110312_12.01.jpg

P110312_12.09.jpg

P150112_17.55.jpg

P150112_17.55_[02].jpg