Britan cannon toy

My boy got given a pair of these recently.  One needs a new spring and the other was wedged with matches . I sorted one of them out this morning for him. Never seen him so bouncy about a toy before.  Lego men criminals all set up up ready for execution , including Fred from scooby do (who apparently has been behind all the weird goings on in crystal cove ) 

Anybody on here remember these toy cannons?

IMG_20171126_102525.jpg

• Like 5

Can't see the picture, it's so dark. Somewhere in the attic there is a box of toys and in that box there is a model 25 pounder which fires matchsticks. It probably goes back to the 40s or 50s

Edited by Meece
1 minute ago, mackem said:

I had one,I didn't think they still made them,they were great for kids,anyone have one of those little bombs you put crushed match heads in and threw them off a wall to make a loud bang?

It's not new. His grans new boyfried whose in his 60's gave it to him . It's his old toy 

• Like 1

I remember those cap bomb things. We got banned from using them at school. The lads used to load a large amount of cap strip in the front and had mass throwing of them at the school wall. The head came out and told everyone to stop using them because it was too much. If it went bang we tried to blow up something with it. Weedkiller and sugar mix. Well anything that we could get our hands on.

• Like 1