Lambourn

the old question were they better back then, well for my twopenerth I think there were better working dogs available to the lurcher breeder for breeding f1 lurchers, but I think generally stockman ship has improved and we can potentially get a bit more from our dogs fitness wise because of that, so who knows, where coursing dogs are concerned lucky was bred from the same basic bloodlines as present day dogs, but in better times with coursing being legal, so would have more running than a current dog, this does not automatically make him a better dog though.

• Like 3

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We were there on that blisteringly hot Summer's day,...but, for some reason,.. did not manage to get into the wee book...    

Don't be feared of posting images fellah,... Folk always like to reminisce,..and on the whole, times were better back then... We had no silly legislation to dictate to us, as to what may, or may

Well, Tratante you may have been away from the lurcher scene for many years,..but as you can see, nothing much has changed....

Posted Images

Keep it civil, this is an interesting thred, please keep it that way...

Indeed,

To bring a little normal conversation, I came from the same area and caught a little of the fall out from the Pere' David incident locally for a few years afterwards.

In truth I thought it a bit sad taking enclosed deer that were extinct in the wild and almost so in captivity. they were half tame animals that would let you walk up to with yards. I was a little biased having links to the estate keepers, as in animal rather than game keepers, they were struggling to bring some genetic diversity and build numbers so had some of their work undone. I suppose people have different values i was always a naturalist hunter being brought up around zoos etc when the idea of conservation was a little less common than it is now so perhaps that coloured my opinion of the incident.

right story then,shameful