National Three Peaks

And don't be a hero or fall for some other c**ts advice on scarfell about deviating from the worn path. We asked one chap coming off what was the best way because the main path looked boring as f**k and he sent us up the f***ing steep Ridge on the left. Two lads flat out jacked on that bit. Lol

• Like 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Earlier this year I lost someone very close to me to the big C, so in memory of him and to raise funds to beat this b*****d of a disease I'm doing the 3 peaks anyone done it or got any tips or experie

Evening all ain't been on in a while but thought I'd give you an update on how it went I competed it anyway haha it was hard work but I did enjoy it traveling was a complete c**t mind oh and Ben Nevis

Had a crack. Did Nevis then drove to the lakes and did scarfell pike. By that point it was about 10pm I think and I was too fatigued to keep driving so I had to let one of the other lads drive us to W

Posted Images

Had a crack. Did Nevis then drove to the lakes and did scarfell pike. By that point it was about 10pm I think and I was too fatigued to keep driving so I had to let one of the other lads drive us to Wales and within 20mins I was spewing with motion sickness. I was sick all the way to snowdon and by that point too run down with it to bother. I rolled out of that f***ing car and woke up on the tarmac of the car park, lol.

I suffer as a passenger really badly with nausea which is why I tried to drive it all. I kept telling the b*****ds to just leave me on the side of the motorway but they wouldn't! I spent most of the journey half asleep with my head out the window. It was f***ing horrible. Haha the walking part was fine though.

Your biggest problem was the motion sickness?......haha Classic! :-).........that made me laugh born.....

Bornhunter. I also suffer from motion sickness. This will sound daft but nxt time you have to travel as a passenger try to sit on a few sheets of newspaper!! I was told this & thought what a load of bollox but i tried it & travelled from oxford to cornwall no probs normally i wouldve thrown up before we left the carpark?? Atb

• Like 1

Done it in 2007 with 3 mates. Assume you're going to try and do it within 24 hours?

Also, is it an 'organised' thing or are you doing it yourselves?

yea 24hours pal and it's organised by cancer research Wales, how did you find it pal ?
It was a decent little adventure and I enjoyed it..., and another tick in the box.

We done it in on a Friday in July starting BN at about 18.00 in good weather. By the time we got off the heavens had opened and the drive South and climb up SP were done in a feckin monsoon. It cleared up by the time we got to Wales and we got up and down MS to finish in ~ 23hrs.

As far as tips go, it's mostly common sense and been covered above. Keep hydrated being the main one (I've used the Camelbak things before but prefer drinking from bottles as I can keep an eye on what I've drunk).

Another important thing is to look after your feet. If you feel a hot spot get a plaster on it before it blisters. Prevention is better than cure and nothing will spoil your enjoyment more than blistered heels.

Don't know what level of fitness you have but getting a bit of 'hill fitness' won't do you any harm and the fitter you are the more you'll enjoy the day. You don't need mountains to train on, any steep hill will do. Just go up it two or three times. Like I said it's all just common sense.

Guessing the logistics of travel and getting you up and down are sorted. If not then that'd be another tip. Having someone that can navigate on the hill and on the road might save making a mistake that'll cost you your 24hr target.

Hope you enjoy it pal, let us know how you get on.

will do mate I am looking forward to it but A little nervous at the same time lol,we start at the base of Ben Nevis at 6 :30 on the sat morning then get to scarfel pike at around 5pm and then get to snowden around 3am Sunday to finish by half 6 Sunday morning, fitness wise in getting there I'm doing penyfan up the Brecon Beacons which is the closest and largest mountain to me twice a week now and I'm getting up and down in under an hour so not bad but that's just a hill compared to the three lol, again thanks for the input and advice il defo take on board plasters never thought of them either ?
No need to be nervous, do a bit of training and get your boots broken in and you'll piss it.

6:30 start is a mistake though as it means you'll finish early Sunday and well before the pubs are open ?

we getting dropped back off at Cardiff so could go have a few but I think we Guna be smelling like a badgers arse by the end of it so Duno if that wud be a wise choice lol

Had a crack. Did Nevis then drove to the lakes and did scarfell pike. By that point it was about 10pm I think and I was too fatigued to keep driving so I had to let one of the other lads drive us to Wales and within 20mins I was spewing with motion sickness. I was sick all the way to snowdon and by that point too run down with it to bother. I rolled out of that f***ing car and woke up on the tarmac of the car park, lol.

I suffer as a passenger really badly with nausea which is why I tried to drive it all. I kept telling the b*****ds to just leave me on the side of the motorway but they wouldn't! I spent most of the journey half asleep with my head out the window. It was f***ing horrible. Haha the walking part was fine though.

sounds like you had a fuking nightmare pal ?? hope my trip goes abit smoother lol
  • Like 1

That's the thing born. A lot of people underestimate these mountains.

guy died up the ben last week. Apparently decided to leave his party and take another route. Took a header off the face.

i agree pal you can't fuk about with these mountains I didn't realise how much the weather differs from base to summit it was 13 degrees at base and minus 6 up top of Ben Nevis and that's in June people's phones were breaking because they were getting soaked from the rain going up and then freezing at the top

Im looking@the Ben right now.suns splitting the trees but cant see the summit for mist! Its funny to see the tourists set off to climb it in shorts and tshirts lol

Then sure as f**k few hours later you see the mountain rescue and helicopter heading up.

few year back someone broke there leg and as they were being winched into the helicopter the stretcher came off poor c**t was killed stone dead!

No very good when you're rescuers kill you lol

Im looking@the Ben right now.suns splitting the trees but cant see the summit for mist! Its funny to see the tourists set off to climb it in shorts and tshirts lol

Then sure as f**k few hours later you see the mountain rescue and helicopter heading up.

few year back someone broke there leg and as they were being winched into the helicopter the stretcher came off poor c**t was killed stone dead!

No very good when you're rescuers kill you lol

When I was on it, I passed a few like that. A gang of lads were jogging up with mountain bikes over their shoulders. At some point on their descent one of em ditched it and really f****d himself, didn't see how they got him off but I remember it looking bad. To be honest they were a f***ing danger to everyone.

• Like 1

Yea seen a few bikers hammering it down. As you say a menace to others.

Why you would want to do that is mental imo.

Years ago locals took a piano up the Ben for charity. When you think about it that mountain has raised literally millions for cancer research and other charities lol

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Evening all ain't been on in a while but thought I'd give you an update on how it went I competed it anyway haha it was hard work but I did enjoy it traveling was a complete c**t mind oh and Ben Nevis has got to be the wettest place in the U.K. I've been up the twice now and it's proper pissed down from start to finish twice, and that didn't help because that's the first one to do lol, completed it in just under 23 hours great experience and I raised just over £1800 for cancer which is what it's all about here's a few pics I didn't manage to get any up Ben Nevis because my phone would of broke haha

post-96463-0-50229200-1503264776_thumb.jpg

post-96463-0-24394100-1503264808_thumb.jpg

post-96463-0-29089300-1503264874_thumb.jpg

post-96463-0-46261300-1503265020_thumb.jpg

post-96463-0-47008000-1503265047_thumb.jpg

post-96463-0-93562900-1503265108_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Well done mate.

Going up the summit of the Ben in 2 weeks. Aye it does rain a lot. Hope you enjoyed the views in despite of the wet. Was it busy?

thanks mate we started at 6:30 and weren't to bad then tbh but coming down was hard work because of the amount of people that had started after us, it's definitely the busiest of the three everybody wants to do the biggest one don't they haha
  • Like 1

Well done, good effort and a tidy sum raised for charity. The obvious question now is what's next ?

cheers mate I'm fancying Kilimanjaro tbh but the Mrs ain't as keen to let me go haha that's definitely one for the bucket list tho
  • Like 1