Budget Beginner Friendly Rifle

Hi guys,

I am new on here so hopefully I have posted this on the right section. Although I would say I'm fairly experienced around full bore rifles I have not used an air rifle since I was a nipper. Technology seems to have changed a lot in that time leaving me a bit lost for options. I am looking for a budget friendly rifle that won't break the bank. I have a max of around £200 to play with. Most of my shooting for the time being will be at a range BUT I am eager to hunt at some point. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

For that kind of money buy second hand

as the rfd,s will sell you a pile of shit and you will have to buy again

but on saying that some of the smk rifles are getting better

but second hand you have more choice

hw95,,,hw99,,,(just missed one on here for your budget )

both good rifles and will last a life time .

for a bit more money your looking at a hw97,,,AAtx200,,,pro sport three of the best money can buy and you will not need another

unless you get the bug lol.

keep an eye out on hear and free adds bargains do come up and in the mean time save a bit more it gives you more options and better rifles

buy cheep buy twice

is the saying and you will buy twice :yes:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 3

That's good advice good luck finding the right rifle

OUT OF LIKES MARK

NOT THAT I WAS GOING TO GIVE YOU ONE ANY WAY HHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA HHHHHHHHHHAAAAA :yahoo:

O GO ON THEN :thumbs:

:feck: :feck: :feck:

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Forgot to say for your budget you may only get the rifle if you buy from an rfd you will still need to buy scopes and mounts and a gun bag

most second hand guns will come fitted out with scopes mounts and a bag and if there like me a tin of pellets

even another £50,,,,to,,,£100 opens the field of view up wider for you

A LOT OF LADS COME ON HEAR AND ASK THE SAME QUESTION AND WE GIVE ADVISE BUT A LOT DONT TAKE IT

AND END UP WITH SOME THING THAT RESEMBLES A SNIPER RIFLE .

THEN THERE BACK ON ASKING AGAIN .

The hw35 is an older rifle and you can find them for your budget all kitted out there a cracking rifle

and im not a fan of brake barrel rifles but after refurbishing two for two lads off this forum iv got a soft spot for them

good for both plinking at the range and more than capable as a hunting rifle

so keep an eye out for one of them .

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

It is a pity you are so far away as there is a sweet HW57 in my RFD for £275 with a scope on. I had a few shots in the range with it, bang on, very accurate indeed and nearly bought it myself.

What Mac has said is sound advice but there are a few RFDs around who do sell a number of s/h rifles, as mine does, and if you look carefully, you can pick up a decent rifle for a decent price. My RFD has the advantage of having a 25mt indoor range in the building so all s/h guns can be tried out.

If you do not have any luck finding a good s/h rifle, let me know and I will have a deep rumage around in the shop and let you know what there is, we can always send one down to you.

Phil

One not mentioned I found the 97 I had heavy,the 35 feels lot lighter,

I still got my basket case 35 bought iron sights for it off here,just need to find money to get it refurbished instead of frittering it on the kids lol

Or you could just send it to me and ill do it for you

No charge

and if it needs a piston seal get a vortex seal there only £12

the offer is there Dean

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I still got my basket case 35 bought iron sights for it off here,just need to find money to get it refurbished instead of frittering it on the kids lol

No charge

the offer is there Dean

I reckon it needs new spring as well but be nice get it looking tidy ,how would I get it up to you ?
  • Like 1

No charge

the offer is there Dean

Carrier pigeon :)

I reckon it needs new spring as well but be nice get it looking tidy ,how would I get it up to you ?

No charge

the offer is there Dean

Carrier pigeon :)