Wood Pigeon Decoying.

Just had a nudge off Phil, ( PhilPot), about the pigeon decoying fast approaching :boogy: and your right Phil, it`s nearly upon us ! .

I live the Air Gunners life for this time of year, I adore pitting my wits against the wily wood pigeon.

As you all know, I`m a month in waiting already, with positions to ambush, made ready.

I want to try my best to break my personal best, " with a springer" taken last year - 62 birds - taken with the TX 200 HC mk 3 .177.

I am going to put the modern day springer and HFT World Championship winning rifle, the TX 200 HC mk3 up against a 40 year old Legend - The FWB Sport MK1 .177 and lads, I`m going to relish this.

Basic set up,

post-85710-0-85988900-1499351234_thumb.jpg

post-85710-0-58351000-1499351193_thumb.jpg

Here`s the TX 200 HC mk3 .177.

post-85710-0-60432900-1499351373_thumb.jpg

Here`s the Feinwerkbau Sport 124 mk1 .177

post-85710-0-80521300-1499351489.jpg

Last but not least, - Kaiser :boogy:

post-85710-0-91607400-1499351720.jpg

atb Mark.

• Like 3

Hi Mate,

I won`t entertain man made decoys, ( plastic, flock, shit) :nono: unless I absolutely have no choice and then I usually say Feck it, wait until I`ve shot a few.

Whatever I`m after Born -. - I use dead birds/ rabbits, ( yes rabbits) cradled and natural hides, as much as I possibly can, - deadly if you set up correctly. :good:

atb Mark

• Like 1

I went out for a stroll to a perm which has latex barley and it is starting to change colour. This field is a long, very long narrow strip about 120mt by about 1500mt with woods running all along one side , which are not my perm but it has a few dead trees on the very edge with lots of feathers underneath so now planning where to drop in the hides.

There is natural cover in the wood edge but I have to be careful as the woods has a keeper and nobody is allowed in there so it may be just simply safer to use the net on the fringe of the wood but clearly on my perm.

It is all looking promising as I have already shot a few woodies in this area but without a dog, no chance to retrieve them so getting the birds down on the deeks is a must.

The clock is ticking.

First crop to be cut on a different perm is two weeks according to the farmer although I don't yet know what it is but either crows or woodies will give me something to do before long.

I love summer shooting.

Phil

• Like 1

barley been cut in few places around here and been told rape will be about 3-4 weeks away -I have been getting a few woodies on clover lately using an old static caravan as a hide lol

• Like 1

Plenty down around here in "syndicate"land ,my perms sheeps n cows so no crops to decoy over but they are roosting on my area and feeding next door so it wont be long fingers crossed ,got a new bit of kit to break cherry on