A Day At The Range With The Two Lads

Well i had to go and test the kral out any way by the way she is spot on lads

and John was asking about a rifle for his son Kyle on a thread he started .

So i ask,d him if he wanted to tag along with the bairn so he came to mine and off we set

after the first few mins of telling Kyle what to do we changed rifles and gave him the ultra 22 single shot and let him settle down him self with out us pressuring him to do this and do that .

he soon started to hit the spinners out to 20yrds so we let him go for an hour or so and moved the spinners to 25yrds and he was hitting them to .

Now then there are bells on the back wall 60mtrs and at first he was not hitting any thing

and he could not use the mill dots ,,,,,,,,SO i came up with what we all used to love to do when we were kids ,,,,,,,,,,,,,TIN CANS ,,,,,,,,,OFF A WALL,,,,,,,,,,WITH AN AIR RIFLE

I gave him the hw100 hunter carbine and told him to shoot the cans off

WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW HE HIT THEM BOTH WITH THE FIRST TWO SHOTS AT 60MTRS ,THEN THE BELLS AS WELL AS I HAD PLACED THE TIN CANS ON TOP OF THE BELLS .

After that there was no stopping him lol

Mind Ethan had ,,,had a word with him before hand some times i think they can relater to another kid better than us adults i dont think they feel under pressure as much when another kid is telling them what to do .

He only stopped shooting when we decided to come home

Kyle is a cracking young lad and it was a pleasure to have him with us to day

and him and his dad are welcome any time they want to tag along

BY THE WAY MARK TX200 LITTLE BELLS 60MTRS

SHOOTER KYLE,,,AGE 9

HE DID NOT ONLY HIT THEM WITH HIS FIRST SHOT HE HIT THEM WITH EVERY SHOT

ONE AFTER THE OTHER SHOT FOR SHOT

BLEW ME AWAY THAT

John it was nice to meet you both mate and i hope you have some incite as to what you can buy him ,

BUT I WOULD SAY YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO PUT A HW100 CARBINE ON HIS XMAS LIST LOL

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-10729200-1497804500.jpg

post-63400-0-24605500-1497804511.jpg

post-63400-0-54578400-1497804522.jpg

post-63400-0-05790100-1497804535.jpg

post-63400-0-25358000-1497804546.jpg

• Like 9

Looks a great day and another nice family attracted into the sport :good:

Take a look at how young Kyle is holding that T Rex , over the shooting bag,( not held, just rested/ steadied, that`s why he`s adapted so easily,- his forward arm is totally out of the shooting cycle and the gun`s firing cycle is unhindered.

Most springers are hold sensitive, to some degree. The T Rex is not too sensitive.

I shoot the T Rex off Primos shooting sticks, also with my leading arm taking little effect in the guns firing cycle.

Very accurate gun is the TX 200.

atb Mark.

• Like 2

Looks a great day and another nice family attracted into the sport :good:

Take a look at how young Kyle is holding that T Rex , over the shooting bag,( not held, just rested/ steadied, that`s why he`s adapted so easily,- his forward arm is totally out of the shooting cycle and the gun`s firing cycle is unhindered.

Most springers are hold sensitive, to some degree. The T Rex is not too sensitive.

I shoot the T Rex off Primos shooting sticks, also with my leading arm taking little effect in the guns firing cycle.

Very accurate gun is the TX 200.

atb Mark.

Mark iv got to say mate the hw97k is my all time fav and all ways will be (that reminds me i must get another)

Then the pro sport

and third the T,REX

yes Mark the t,rex mate

and the way Ethan and Kyle were shooting it to day was some thing to see mind John had to cock it and load it for Kyle but that will come as he gets older and bigger .

He puts me in mind of LH when he first started and only a year younger than Kyle

very keen to learn and quick on the up take .

Now you just need to get him out with you and the dog lads and as long as he has a rifle to take along i just think John he may just tag along with you .

A lot of the dog lads have air rifles John they just dont like to admit it lol

YES LADS JOHN IS A DOG LAD AND AS PASSIONATE ABOUT DOGS AS WE ARE ABOUT AIR RIFLES

EACH TO THERE OWN AND RIGHTLY SO DOSE NOT MATER WHAT WE USE WE ARE ALL DOING THE SAME THING

OUT ON THE HUNT AND IN THE OPEN AIR .

TOP LAD AND YOU SHOULD BE VERY PROUD OF KYLE VERY PROUD IN DEED

A NICE POLITE YOUNG CHAP .

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

Yeah he seems keen done really well am proud as punch with him. He says to me on the way home that when he missed the first few trying to eye up the sight properly that he thought it was going to be a long day he couldn't stop talking about hitting that little bell deffo a day I'll not forget and plenty more to come. I'll have him out in the next year or two with the dog lads with the rifle get him to learn some field craft. As you say we all do the same sport but in different ways but at the end of the day the results the same putting game away and having fun. Can't thank you enough for today your a top man ?

• Like 1

Yeah he seems keen done really well am proud as punch with him. He says to me on the way home that when he missed the first few trying to eye up the sight properly that he thought it was going to be a long day he couldn't stop talking about hitting that little bell deffo a day I'll not forget and plenty more to come. I'll have him out in the next year or two with the dog lads with the rifle get him to learn some field craft. As you say we all do the same sport but in different ways but at the end of the day the results the same putting game away and having fun. Can't thank you enough for today your a top man

No thanks needed John

just gis a shout the next time he wants to come up

and ill sort it for him

plenty of rifles hear for him to use

as you saw to day lol

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

No other forum like this one, or as good as members.

Lovely thread to read :D

atb Mark

It was a pleasure Mark you should of seen his face when he hit the spinners never mind the bells lol

mind Ethan put us all to shame with the strouger 177 open sites lol

but we will not say any thing about that

oops just did lol

its the eyes Mark there better than ours

thats what i say any way :whistling: :whistling: :whistling::laugh:

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 3