Not sure how to word this but here goes.... always had saluki crosses of some sort, but being as variety is the spice of life i decided on trying something new, so got a bull pup from working stock, but i guess hindsight is a wonderful thing as they say.... for some reason i just cant gel with the dog, and tbh the dog isnt my cup of tea but i hate people who get rid of dogs once theyre sick of them and i think hell make a good dog, when i got him i lived out the way but now live in a built up spot, and taking him anywhere is torture, so i guess what im asking is do i let someone have him who wants him, or do i keep the dog and live with my mistake? I know ill get a bit of abuse for this, and rightly so, but my heads up my arse with it all, as much as i regret getting the dog i know hell be looked after here, what i dont want is it going to someone wholl lock it in a kennel all day and feed it on shite, when i have him out for a few hours a day and spend more on his food than my own

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Life is to short to live with a dog you don't get on with ... the longer you have the dog the more you will resent it ... you have been honest with yourself so as long as you find the dog a 100% good

To me its the difference between a serious full on working/sporting dog man and what most people are,which is a normal dog owner who happens to work his dog....if the tool doesnt fit the job then a pe

Loads of reasons,in this case I'd rather put a very highly driven and powerful dog down than pass it on to someone I don't personally know and trust.

Life is to short to live with a dog you don't get on with ... the longer you have the dog the more you will resent it ... you have been honest with yourself so as long as you find the dog a 100% good home where the dog will have the work it needs then there's no problem ......

• Like 15

Doesn't matter what anyone thinks,you have 3 choices keep it,give it away or get it put down.

Personally i'd get it put down unless I had a 100% trusted,ideal home lined up,which I'm guessing you haven't because he'd already be there.

It could end up in the wrong hands and be a liability and it'd be your fault if that happened.

• Like 1

Plenty of homes for it mate, only thing.putting me off is theyve already a few dogs so hell be locked in a kennel most of the day

A dog can still live a good life if it's kennelled,most of the working dogs I know are kept outside.

As long as you trust them not to pass the dog on I don't see a problem.

get it put down what the f**k is he on about why would any one put a perfectly healthy dog down not dogs fault find it a good home and stick to f****n saluki x

Loads of reasons,in this case I'd rather put a very highly driven and powerful dog down than pass it on to someone I don't personally know and trust.

• Like 3

then find someone who is known and can be trusted there is no reason to put any dog down for no fault of its own feckless dog men that get a dog they no nothing about or its needs

what needs does a bullx have that others dont require.?

then find someone who is known and can be trusted there is no reason to put any dog down for no fault of its own feckless dog men that get a dog they no nothing about or its needs

If you don't know someone yourself you can't trust them not to sell it to some chav when it doesn't make the grade further down the line,who then puts it over some scatty mastiff or staff whose pup ends up hurting someone.

A lot of trouble comes from passing on these sort of dogs.

He didn't say bull x.

Edited by neems
  • Like 1

If as a working dog man you wasnt happy with a new shovel or a ferret would you feel obliged to keep it anyway....of course you wouldnt,i dont know why we obssess over the whole " a dogs for life not just for xmas " mentality in this country.....a dog is property,its yours to do as you please with as long as nothing cruel takes place then get a new one every week till you find the one your happy with if thats what you want to do.

• Like 3