Nice Land In Orkney

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm spending a few weeks up my at my house in Orkney. Only been up here a few days and that's all it took to make me remember why I bought it. Had a couple of mooches with the dogs just enjoying th

Had a nice walk up the cliffs this morning. The deerhound x caught a rabbit so well pleased

Yes it is lovely up here. It's in the middle of no where and plenty of wildlife Once my son has flown the nest me and the missus will be up here in a flash. I've got a few acres and nice stone farm

Posted Images

looks a totally different landscape from leafy surrey,how does everyday cost of living compare?

Yeah it's totally different mate. To be honest I'm still finding my feet and working that out. From what I've seen some things are cheaper and some are really dear. My bills are cheaper but some food is expensive

• Like 1

your a lucky man hannibal.

It really is heaven up here mate. Only downside is no foxes for the bull x to retrieve so looks like he is unemployed now lol

Be a few years until I'm up here full time ,once my boy has grown up I'll be up here.

I'll tell you one thing though whatever dog you have up here has to have a good jacket ,the wind is unbelievable here. Perfect lampung weather all year round it seems

• Like 1

if the truth be known i would love it but it takes a dedicated sort to live there full time and i'm not sure if i'm that type but for a few month long holidays a year would be perfect.

I thought the same mate until I spent some time up here. The outer islands are too isolated for me ,populations of a couple hundred people and really cut off from everywhere. The mainland where i am is just fine for me. All the facilities of any small town but without all the people.

Besides it's ideal for me. To be honest I'm not really a people person and would not bother me going months without talking to people. I'm pretty lucky my missus is the same,if your not a dog or a horse she don't talk to you lol

• Like 3

Had another nice mooch up the cliffs today. Walked for miles ,saw no one and my bitch put up another rabbit and caught it. I though she done herself an injury though by running full pelt into a wire fence. It's a different type of fencing up her to what she's used to. Just 4 strand wire set up with posts about 3metre apart. It's very deceiving,looks like there is no fence at all until your right next to it. I really thought she had cut herself to pieces but she just bounced off it and then jumped it. Very pleased with her bit then again I'm pretty easily pleased nowadays just enjoy watching them run. The bull x was in hot pursuit but she left him behind.post-101824-0-23991400-1492452865_thumb.jpgpost-101824-0-83786400-1492453072_thumb.jpg

• Like 1