Second Hand Prices

Second Hand Prices

When goods are offered for sale privately here on The Hunting Life or by any other none registered trading individual, just by how much are they cheaper than RFD Price? Just wonder if the prices are anywhere near close to Twenty Percent or so less.

If you are looking to sell, one can understand that the best price one can get is the most desirable outcome, it stands to reason that it is also the case that if one is looking to buy then the cheaper is also the more desirable outcome.

So just what is a good compromise for all? Seller and buyer, or are we fine with it all? As they say Fair Exchange No Robbery. Is that correct Mr VAT Man?

My Thoughts? As long as I think that you are not trying to Bend Me Over then as they say Fair Exchange No Robbery.

Then again when it comes to Air Rifles I always go to an RFD with my money.

Just food for thoughts.

All the very best

Each to there own mate , some sellers on here are dreamers and think there selling gold , the market will dictate the price , i look at something see its still there a week fortnight later and text what i thinks a fair price they can only say no

• Like 2

Each to there own mate , some sellers on here are dreamers and think there selling gold , the market will dictate the price , i look at something see its still there a week fortnight later and text what i thinks a fair price they can only say no

I am with you The one mate. Fair Exchange No Robbery. Private or RFD.

All the very best

An interesting point Renos but I think it depends on the gun, age and ease of getting of the gun you want. A new'ish gun is normally 2/3 of new or how it works quite often and older guns, less unless they are in demand such as Rapid. I think you just look at the gun and it's price then decide if you want to pay that price.

I buy from RFD's but have bought several from forum members and on other forums and never had an issue with either guns or scopes.

Phil

• Like 2

An interesting point Renos but I think it depends on the gun, age and ease of getting of the gun you want. A new'ish gun is normally 2/3 of new or how it works quite often and older guns, less unless they are in demand such as Rapid. I think you just look at the gun and it's price then decide if you want to pay that price.

I buy from RFD's but have bought several from forum members and on other forums and never had an issue with either guns or scopes.

Phil

Thank you Phil for your thoughts mate.

Have to thumps up later, reached my limit apparently

All the very best to you and yours

Each to there own there's no doubt a expensive gun can be a thing of beauty and some owners are prepared to pay for that but to me its just a tool , i don't want to loose money each time i take it out or fire it , going to a RFD is nice browsing round there stock seeing what you like but they need a mark up to keep going they have over heads . I dont have a proble with the knowledgeable amatuer the last gun i bought was off the president of a local air gun club who knows his stuff sold the gun four times to different folk then i bought her for £80 and its killed enough to pay that a few times over

i look at it like i want a tool for a job no something to hang above the mantle piece

• Like 1

Buy private, you pays your money and you take the chance,-- " bought as seen".

Buy from a RFD, you pays your money and normally you`ll get a warranty of some time for s/hand.

I use Tim Mc Avoys of Wigan for most of my guns and he just looks after me for it.

As said, each to their own. :thumbs:

atb Mark.

• Like 1

Buy private, you pays your money and you take the chance,-- " bought as seen".

Buy from a RFD, you pays your money and normally you`ll get a warranty of some time for s/hand.

I use Tim Mc Avoys of Wigan for most of my guns and he just looks after me for it.

As said, each to their own. :thumbs: i got my hw100 from there its not that far from me a quick trip down m6 is quite a good shop

atb Mark.

• Like 1

All are valid points and as I stated I have no problem with Fair Exchange No Robbery. Private or RFD.

But if second hand prices sold privately are just slightly under RFD without having the same overheads, then why bay tax prices if the Tax man is not receiving it?

Again just food for thoughts.

All the very best

• Like 1

Here`s a good example Renos of my recently bought FWB Sports.

The 127, bought from a dealer for £295, piston seal went, he offered to repair it but a gunsmith I know did the work for just £40, dealer deducted £40 and repaid me.

The 124, bought as seen, privately, £270, my judgement (for once) was good, she is proving to be an absolute bargain. - " took my chance"

Not much in it really.

atb Mark.

• Like 1

Here`s a good example Renos of my recently bought FWB Sports.

The 127, bought from a dealer for £295, piston seal went, he offered to repair it but a gunsmith I know did the work for just £40, dealer deducted £40 and repaid me.

The 124, bought as seen, privately, £270, my judgement (for once) was good, she is proving to be an absolute bargain. - " took my chance"

Not much in it really.

atb Mark.

Fair Exchange No Robber Mark, glad you got a bargain mate.

All the very best to you and yours.

• Like 1