A Visit From The Welsh

Well over the last few weeks a couple off boys from here where planning a trip to Scotland An I stupidly agreed. So Wednesday came the boys arrived An the plan In my head well went to feck. Meet and greet had some food and time to take off. First spot I knew was quiet but really quiet followed by me getting us lost??. Onto the next place An first field the police showed not to worry I sent them boys a field over but I forgot Welsh they ended in a garden haha. An that was story off the night. Following day I thought let's try again after a blank start we finished on a quick surprise catch, back home a wee rest a trip to Loch Lomond for some sight seeing an a secret honey hole to try at night. Joey had a pup he was eager to try so away we went how easy this went 22 roe in 2 fields a nice shot buck ran alittle An his pup managed a nice find job done??. Following day I had them a treat upto the white hares met the keeper followed by hundreds of grouse An some stunning land. We set off and after a quiet start things started to unfold, I was real eager for dan to see my own bitch but things where against me till the last bit where she went over a death defying cliff and retrieved her reward to feet followed by another. I haven't ever really brung boys up An held lead before so I found rather stressful I hope they enjoyed. The keeper off the whites is on here so a big thank you sir u helped me out big time??. I hope joey enjoys his pup An the lads there goodies let's hope next time it's earlier in the year An the game ain't so much on there toes

• Like 8

ha ha ha ha ah i have to admit john.....running across a field when the police showed on night one did make me question the trip!! And whilst bouncing a fence i split my jeans as good as in half!!!

Massive thank you to you mate i could see you were a tad nervous and i have to admit you produced the good ten fold!!

Joeys pup did what joeys pup does best.......does him proud.......winging little saluki cnut!!! went from a buck on big open ground.....to a white hare retrieved off the high moores....with an added surprise in the middle...lol not bad for nine month old eh!? touch of class!

like ive said before id love to carry on slagging your scottish whippet but id be out of order after seeing her run.....your not feeding a pot licker as you put it!

big thank you like said to the keeper that made this possible as well and the offers of coming here were genuine ones! although seeing what you boys have there....i wouldnt be travelling anywhere lol

and the only thing that out weighed the dog work was your generosity.....we left with venison.....sticks.....terrier box...and even a little lakie terrier pup!

thanks again you mad little scottish man!

just a couple of pictures...one of the terrain.......and one of johns whippet retrieving a shot hare

post-93865-0-54813600-1490012979_thumb.jpg

post-93865-0-36878400-1490012990_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Good stuff lads & fairplay to Mr Gamekeeper,shame there isn't more lads like him around,you Welsh boys ain't afraid to put the miles in so again my hat's tipped in your direction & obviously to the host John too ✌

• Like 1

Good stuff lads & fairplay to Mr Gamekeeper,shame there isn't more lads like him around,you Welsh boys ain't afraid to put the miles in so again my hat's tipped in your direction & obviously to the host John too ✌

You have to do what you have to do to run what i wanted to run mukka! ill be back there in october with fingers crossed a young charge at heel ready to start agian! like i say john as a host was top draw mate ......even took us to the cobbler....pointed out....Thats where fuji walks lol

atb

• Like 1

You have to do what you have to do to run what i wanted to run mukka! ill be back there in october with fingers crossed a young charge at heel ready to start agian! like i say john as a host was top draw mate ......even took us to the cobbler....pointed out....Thats where fuji walks lol

atb

I did offer u to walk it buddy maybe in the summer???

• Like 1

atb

I did offer u to walk it buddy maybe in the summer??

mate ............maybe you missed my racing snake like wasteline............id have a heart attack

• Like 1

Weather permitting i may have a stroll up one or two "smaller" summits this week,I'd of gone today as the weather is absolutely beautiful here today & forecast the same over the weekend but I've my lad to take over the North East tomoz for a new motor so may have to have to look at a longer range weather forecast..It's not the best place in the land to be up top of a mountain if the weather is shite lol

Weather permitting i may have a stroll up one or two "smaller" summits this week,I'd of gone today as the weather is absolutely beautiful here today & forecast the same over the weekend but I've my lad to take over the North East tomoz for a new motor so may have to have to look at a longer range weather forecast..It's not the best place in the land to be up top of a mountain if the weather is shite lol

Looks a belting place for a walk for sure!!! i honestly cant believe you work your dog up there and they come back on four legs!!

atb

• Like 1

fair play to you john :thumbs: . if you take folk out . you can be sure that nothing will go to plan. :laugh: what will be will be. we had welsh lads up a few times. one of these times a dog turned the lamp on in his motor and set it on fire :icon_eek: . another time our lakie dug to the one and only rabbit in a sparkling 9 season career. another time i fooked one of there ankles in a drunken race :D (i won ) his lurcher pissed on my back so we are even :D . we also had a few runs and digs to our dogs and grait criac. here and in wales. i lent him a little russell bitch . she died at his 16 years old. best bitch he ever had he recons. :yes: good times even if they was welsh. hope you guys have a few more trips up and down the country. :victory:

• Like 1