At Last It's Zeroed!

First of all I've posted this before Sean (Viz) slates me, if I slate myself first it won't be as bad lol, in theory.

For those of you that have following the ongoing saga I've had with Photon, it's now sorted ????, thanks to Sean today. The whole process had turned me from what I would consider to be reasonably intelligent individual with some shooting knowledge, into a clueless, frustrated space cadet of the highest order!

It got to the point through frustration I completely lost the plot and was trying to zeroe the fall of shot to the reticle?, even with adjustable mounts!

However thanks to Sean today they are finally on and zeroed on the mounts, leaving the scope at zero for any in the field minor adjustments. I think if it wasn't for you today buddy I would have thrown the scope in the nearest skip!

I have tried all sorts of mounts etc. and spent a fair bit of money, which I'm now fairly embarrassed about. If I can suggest one thing to anyone intent on buying the Photon, which I still think for the money is an excellent scope, buy the Sportsmatch Adjustable ATP65 Mounts. They maybe 70 odd quid, however, after going round and round in circles these are the easiest and most versatile method I've seen. You don't need any shims, or any other magic and you zero it on the mounts not the internal zeroing system, excellent. Sean if it has anything to do with me you've earned yourself a seat with the top bloke upstairs when you finally get there????????????.

Now all I've got to do is sort out the bloody regulator issue my HW100KT mysteriously picked today, it's never bloody ending ?????

• Like 2

Not a problem at all mate; pleased I sorted it for you; in 5 min lol easy when you know how haha; and an eventful day at the ranges : 1 like a bloody tip and the other nearly a boxing ring lol

Cheers Sean, I've got to admit I'm glad Stuart saw sense and listened because there's no way I was going to shoot at Smiths, the place is a sh1t hole!

The shot gun clay ranges looked really well set out and tidy but the air rifle range was comical, it just looked like somebody had put a shed up and then filled it with a few skips full of crap! The firing point was full of clutter with no room and some right DIVAS! I hadn't realised how well kept and ran Swarland was until today, I just wish it was a bit closer but saying that if it was it would probably be rammed!

Your right there about Steve smiths shooting ground at dinnington, 6 off us visited there today in order to do a bit target practice and set up various guns, the air gun range if that's what you can call it was a bloody disgrace, a pure & utter sh1t tip, no proper targets just a whole load of pure junk hanging from what once was a purpose built housing that had proper targets and backstops , now just a dumping ground , I just could not believe my eyes & they actually charge people to shot there !

• Like 2

Your right there about Steve smiths shooting ground at dinnington, 6 off us visited there today in order to do a bit target practice and set up various guns, the air gun range if that's what you can call it was a bloody disgrace, a pure & utter sh1t tip, no proper targets just a whole load of pure junk hanging from what once was a purpose built housing that had proper targets and backstops , now just a dumping ground , I just could not believe my eyes & they actually charge people to shot there !

Your being to kind by saying that Viz

at least you have some thing to shoot on a tip

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

some pics of the shooting comp Nelly and little hunter had to day

and one of the crow target i put two mags in

35mtrs both the comp and mine

ill let you guess who won the comp

and it was not me as i was not aloud to shoot in it with the deadly accurate DS Merlyn

post-63400-0-73052500-1485717615.jpg

post-63400-0-92076700-1485717631.jpg

post-63400-0-15426100-1485717644.jpg

post-63400-0-95321300-1485717654.jpg

• Like 2

Glad you got it sorted, I fitted mine tonight, sod paying £70 for mounts, I shimmed mine within an inch with film negative.

I'd tried all sorts mate, Bradfords recommend some mounts, then a different set and then I thought after that there's no way I'm putting shims in lol. On the positive side I've now got the scope zeroed on the mounts so have the whole of the scopes zeroing feature if required when I'm on the ground. Plus I'm not having to worry about shims shifting etc

I also now have a draw full of mounts for most occasions hahaha

Who shot the Crow Mac?

I like their style - going for the kill zone instead of the center of the target :thumbs:

Sophie sometimes forgets herself and shoots the HFT targets in the head :laugh:

I've got admit JJ credit where it's due Jimmy shot well, however my groups where tighter than a nuns crotch, it's just the regulator issue means there not hitting where I'm aiming!

However I have no photo evidence so it doesn't count ?

Ethan was shooting like a demon again though, he's a brilliant shot especially for his age! His occasional drop shot is just a bit of concentration or a duff flyer??

• Like 1

Who shot the Crow Mac?

I like their style - going for the kill zone instead of the center of the target :thumbs:

I've got admit JJ credit where it's due Jimmy shot well, however my groups where tighter than a nuns crotch, it's just the regulator issue means there not hitting where I'm aiming!

However I have no photo evidence so it doesn't count

Ethan was shooting like a demon again though, he's a brilliant shot especially for his age! His occasional drop shot is just a bit of concentration or a duff flyer

Got to say LH was on form to day

and put us to shame lol

JJ the crow target was mine two mags in that or was it three

Glad you got it sorted, I fitted mine tonight, sod paying £70 for mounts, I shimmed mine within an inch with film negative.

I'd tried all sorts mate, Bradfords recommend some mounts, then a different set and then I thought after that there's no way I'm putting shims in lol. On the positive side I've now got the scope zeroed on the mounts so have the whole of the scopes zeroing feature if required when I'm on the ground. Plus I'm not having to worry about shims shifting etc

I also now have a draw full of mounts for most occasions hahaha

I looked at the atp66 mounts last week knowing I was going to be fitting the photon this weekend, they wanted £90 in the shop I was at, I found them for £70 online but needed an immediate fix, so out with the film negative.

Second time I have had to do it, never shifted before, see no reason why they will this time.

I used 2 clicks on windage and 4 on elevation after shimming so happy enough with that, leaves more than I will ever need on the scope for air rifle use.

• Like 1

Who shot the Crow Mac?

However I have no photo evidence so it doesn't count

Ethan was shooting like a demon again though, he's a brilliant shot especially for his age! His occasional drop shot is just a bit of concentration or a duff flyer

Got to say LH was on form to day

and put us to shame lol

JJ the crow target was mine two mags in that or was it three

the not so LH is always on form when he's with his grandad..

smashin kid and cracking shot :thumbs::thumbs:

soon as this sh!ty weather picks up ill be up there with you jimmy :hunter::drink:

atb si

• Like 2