Daylight Starting To Stretch Out.

Isn't it nice to see the days starting to stretch out.

It sure is, I love winter and really enjoy seeing the season change, the countryside looks amazing in winter in my opinion but the short days start wearing me down by the end of January.

This will be our first spring on Angelsey so I need to start researching things to see. As summer begins there are wild orchids to find and the Sandwich terns will arrive which is an amazing sight

• Like 1

I know everyone's different but some people choose to retire to the coast/seaside, to me the sea is the sea whatever time of year.

I quite like the sea it has an amazing de-stressing effect on me but not as much as the countryside and there are more people here especially in the summer which can get annoying. The rugged coastlines here are quite spectacular. We can jump over the gate at the back, walk through a little dell and pop out at the beach. It doesn't take much more of a walk to be completely secluded. We compromised on a coastal village because we have a child and wanted her to be able to play out with friends but I would have much preferred to be in the middle of nowhere, you don't have to drive far inland to feel totally secluded here. Maybe when our daughter gets a bit older we'll move again, the downside to village life is the gossip factory is in full swing 24 hours a day 7 days a week so no drinks for us down the local, we'd rather drive and go somewhere else lol.

This is a couple of miles up the road from here (not my photo), they are 'beehive' kilns for making refractory brick used in the steel industry. A strange location for it but there is a pure quartzite high silica rock formation here which they used. The coastal walk is a bit dodgy in places but spectacular.

Wild%20swimming_NVWC8312130046_Porth%20W

• Like 2

I know everyone's different but some people choose to retire to the coast/seaside, to me the sea is the sea whatever time of year.

I quite like the sea it has an amazing de-stressing effect on me but not as much as the countryside and there are more people here especially in the summer which can get annoying. The rugged coastlines here are quite spectacular. We can jump over the gate at the back, walk through a little dell and pop out at the beach. It doesn't take much more of a walk to be completely secluded. We compromised on a coastal village because we have a child and wanted her to be able to play out with friends but I would have much preferred to be in the middle of nowhere, you don't have to drive far inland to feel totally secluded here. Maybe when our daughter gets a bit older we'll move again, the downside to village life is the gossip factory is in full swing 24 hours a day 7 days a week so no drinks for us down the local, we'd rather drive and go somewhere else lol.

This is a couple of miles up the road from here (not my photo), they are 'beehive' kilns for making refractory brick used in the steel industry. A strange location for it but there is a pure quartzite high silica rock formation here which they used. The coastal walk is a bit dodgy in places but spectacular.

you are a lucky fella, just waking up there everyday I,d have to pinch myself, I have the m5 and portbury docks for a view when I wake up and a set of traffic lights leading into an industrial estate for my dawn chorus
  • Like 1

you are a lucky fella, just waking up there everyday I,d have to pinch myself, I have the m5 and portbury docks for a view when I wake up and a set of traffic lights leading into an industrial estate for my dawn chorus

Thanks sometimes it feels like a dream because this time last year I would never have thought we would be living here.

great post

Nik B I thought that was a pic of Swansea!! Atb

A busy day is when you meet a person lol

I was horrified when I went for a walk on a Saturday and saw 8 people!!!

Wales needs to build a wall :D

If you ever come up this way let me know I'll show you about, loads to see :)