Long Nets

Hi guys. After a bit off advice regarding long nets. Havnt used them before so just want to no whats the best size to buy and what oz of net. Been watching a few vidieos and reading some stuff so sort off no how to use them. Also be interested if anyone has and used ones at a decent price. Thanks in advance.

I"ve one in the shed pal. You can have it with pleasure. Think it's a 25yd and has hazel pegs and castration rings containing the net. Green 4 oz I think. Either postage or courier doesn't matter. I'm in Derbs if it's any help. Jok.

• Like 4

Well guys, seeing as how there has. Been a couple of likes. The net with pegs is nearly on it's way to Robdog. I [BANNED TEXT]'t, as you you would , to check it was ok. Fck me it is a 50 yarder I reckon and must admit would have been a nightmare for a newcomer. However, unraveled and sorted, I think the lad has a chance. Had a word with W.Katchum who will help if help is required. Faking brilliant. I did not mean to take business from you Nelson. Just trying to help out. Jok.

Adam. Thank you for your kind comment. For what it's worth , we wouldn't go anywhere without long nets. No matter how rough they are deployed. Nelsons nets with the cradle are all we now need. Alright bolt holes are purse netted but the days of netting every hawthorn, blackthorn, holly bush, bramble or gorse bush are thankfully gone. I say this as am getting a tad long in the tooth. If this young man (guessing here) can get some joy out of a redundant net then fair play to him. I just hope he lets us know how he gets on. Jok.

• Like 1

Im in north yorks as are few other members, if ye struggle with a net give me a shout an either i or somebody else will show ye how to handle it, it is just practice tho likes been said

Thanks for the offer off help with the net. Were abouts in north yorkshire are you?

• 2 weeks later...