Brocock Compatto Or Fx Wildcat 22

Hmmmm, tricky one because I really wanted a Compatto waiting and waiting for it to be released but when I got my hands on it, I really felt somewhat disappointed. The gun felt crap, cheap plastic stock which just did not feel good in the shoulder.

There were plenty of niggling issues as it seems with most new model rifles nowadays which I believe have been ironed out. We have a member, seamaster, who is not on so much of late and he had two, one good and one not so good.

I am a recent convert to FX Wildcats with a .177 and .22 so I will fly the flag in that camp. I personally think the cat is a far better gun with the bonus of a much higher shot count along with a cracking stock and a cocking lever which is perfectly placed. The cat is however a lot more money even s/h.

Hope that helps a little.

Edited by philpot

I've got a .22 wildcat and like Phil I picked up the compatto and put it straight back down!

I'm happy with the cat but from what some other lads have said it's pot luck

If you get a good one...

If you can get past the looks, have a look at the Aa Galahad, never had a bad air arms!

It's a full on marmite gun

Atb si

• Like 2

I looked at a compatto and like has been said, gave it straight back, it felt like a plastic toy gun.

I bought two wildcats, one has been returned due to what I believe is a fault, the other one seems a lot better, but yet to test it properly.

If I get my other one back fixed and good, one of them will be for sale.......

I would just add to my earlier post and suggest you visit an RFD who can let you try before you buy, there are a few around if you look hard although you may need to travel. You could of course visit an active range and see if you can see anyone there using the cat or compatto who might let you try one out.

Phil

A reckon that's the only plan bud but myself and a couple of mates are stuck just now with this Scottish airgun licence with the back log some of us have not received it yet spoke to the guys that's doing the licensing during the Xmas holidays and the guy aye spoke to reckons they have 5 thousand applications to have out before the end of January so there is still a lot of guys up here with guns that can't use them yet due to the backlog Phil

I had a .22 Compatto and I got on well with it. Very accurate Gun. . .I fitted a Falcon M18 Scope on it . . . It was an early one and had a "Twangy" sound when you shot it. VERY ANNOYING

I complained to to Brocock and was told to "Go Away" as I had bought it second hand. Soooooo . . . I said "Thats not a very good advert. . . You have admitted there was a problem with the mechanism on the early ones . . . mine being number 00052 means mines a production/manufacturing fault . . "Twangy Springy Thing Noise" and it's only 4 months old . . . . Long and the short of it is. . . . (after a few more emails) They accepted it back . . . Not only that . . . I took it to my local Guns Shop. . Crawfords at Scunthorpe and they returned it. . rang me when it was back and ready for collection.

I did not pay anything in postage and it was returned it with a Tin of Kaisers.

I replaced it with a BSA R10SE Pepper Stock Carbine in 177 which I have had stage 2 tuned by Carl Garbert Airtech . . . . man o man . . . quite and deadly accurate.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2thioq3gkoke78l/20161126_120731.jpg?dl=0 (Highlight text hold Ctrl & Right click. . . choose Go to)

In conclusion. . . . I would not hesitate in buying another Compatto.

I had a .22 Compatto and I got on well with it. Very accurate Gun. . .I fitted a Falcon M18 Scope on it . . . It was an early one and had a "Twangy" sound when you shot it. VERY ANNOYING

I complained to to Brocock and was told to "Go Away" as I had bought it second hand. Soooooo . . . I said "Thats not a very good advert. . . You have admitted there was a problem with the mechanism on the early ones . . . mine being number 00052 means mines a production/manufacturing fault . . "Twangy Springy Thing Noise" and it's only 4 months old . . . . Long and the short of it is. . . . (after a few more emails) They accepted it back . . . Not only that . . . I took it to my local Guns Shop. . Crawfords at Scunthorpe and they returned it. . rang me when it was back and ready for collection.

I did not pay anything in postage and it was returned it with a Tin of Kaisers.

I replaced it with a BSA R10SE Pepper Stock Carbine in 177 which I have had stage 2 tuned by Carl Garbert Airtech . . . . man o man . . . quite and deadly accurate.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2thioq3gkoke78l/20161126_120731.jpg?dl=0 (Highlight text hold Ctrl & Right click. . . choose Go to)

In conclusion. . . . I would not hesitate in buying another Compatto.

Well Mike pleased to hear that our Graham at Crawford's took care of it for you. I am in there at least once a week so assume you are a local man, perhaps meet up with you some time.

Phil

• Like 1